Panum is looking to hire a Junior Contract specialist for an awarded contract we have with the US Coast Guard. This is a 3 year contract. The location for this task is in Baltimore, MD.
We are looking for candidates who will work independently with little oversight by the Government and be experienced, skilled and knowledgeable in all aspects of Federal Government acquisition (i.e. requirements development, acquisition planning, solicitation development, proposal evaluation, negotiations, source selection, contract administration and contract closeout). Have the ability to communicate with USCG Program Management personnel about the details of technical requirements acquisitions provide advice, guidance and counsel on how to handle complex acquisition contracts and processes.
- Effectively work with technical experts and assist in drafting procurement packages for commercial and non-commercial supplies and services exceeding $250k.
- Utilize superior written and oral communication skills for working in cross-functional acquisition team.
- Prepare contract support documentation, including letters, Determination and Findings, and Price Reasonable Determinations for KO approval.
- Manage complex problems through effective and efficient resolutions that are compliant with all Federal, DHS, and Coast Guard acquisition regulations and policies
- Draft solicitations, including Request for Quotations (RFQs), Request for Proposals (RFPs) for both commercial and non-commercial supplies and services over $250k.
- Perform post award contract administrative duties.
- Good communication skills – verbal and written
- Knowledge of federal procurement rules and regulations (FAR, HSAR, HSAM and Coast Guard Acquisition Procedures (CGAP)
- Preferred proficiency with Coast Guard automated databases to include Naval and Electronics Supply Support System (NESSS), Workflow Imaging Network System (WINS), Fleet Logistics Software (FLS) system, Federal Procurement Desktop (FPD)/Core Accounting System (CAS), and Federal Procurement Data System – Next Generation (FPDS-NG)
- Possess experience in utilizing Microsoft® Power Point©, Microsoft® Word©, and Microsoft® Excel©
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in conducting comprehensive acquisition support activities with a minimum of two (2) of the three (3) years of experience should be in FAR-based contracting
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
The Panum Group, LLC (Panum), head-quartered in Bethesda, Maryland is an Economically Disadvantaged Women Owned Small Business (EDWOSB) and an ISO 2001:9008 certified consulting firm that offers a magnitude of management consulting services and next-generation information and communications technologies. We provide our clients with high quality services in Information Technology, Federal Acquisition & Contract Management, Program & Project Management, Business & Strategy Consulting, Network Infrastructure & Security, Social Sciences and Research & Analysis, and Training. Due to a significant increase in both our Federal client base and contract awards over the last few years, our subject matter experts and skill set has been able to provide innovative and state-of-the-art solutions to both Federal and commercial clients.
View the full profile