• Operate 16 foot box truck preforming the task of donations pick ups
• Assist customers: greet customers as they come in the door or when you walk by them, answer questions, help them find things, call up purchases, help customers load purchases, respond to radio calls for help in furniture or building supplies, explain our policies.
• Assist Donors: Greet donors as they get out of their cars, thank them for their donations as they leave, unload vehicles, answer questions, being available to help when donors drive around back, respond to radio calls for help unloading.
• Candidate must possess the ability to run a cash register with accuracy.
• The Candidate must maintain a professional appearance, demeanor, and use polite communication at all times.
• Help load and unload all donations with appropriate equipment and assistance, taking care not to damage any merchandise.
• Insure donors/customers receive tax receipts and any company literature.
• Complete any assigned projects set by management team in a timely manner and to the best of your ability
• Help process donations by cleaning, sorting, and pricing per manager direction.
• Provide excellent customer service at all times.
• Adhere to organizations/store polices.
• Answer phones, help run register, and assist customers when needed or directed.
• Merchandise department by department: Organize shelves, put out new merchandise, and pull old merchandise box it, and putting any boxes in the goodwill pile.
• Unload the truck in the mornings or when it gets back for the day.
• Help put priced items out on the floor: Furniture, Tools and Hardware, Housewares, electronics, Building supplies.
• Help with processing donations: sort, test, clean, price, and put out for sale
• Cleaning and straightening up the store: sweep, dust, vacuum, and clear isles of items that customers or volunteers may have put on the floor.
• Assist Managers with projects (may include but are not limited to, deep clean an area of the store, clean up trash outside, put out new shipments of purchased product, set up new displays or rearranging store fixtures.)
• This position requires the ability to perform one or more of the following throughout the day: Stand, sit, walk, bend, twist and reach above the shoulder and below the shoulder level. This Position does require frequent and repetitive motion and the ability to lift up to 150 lbs. with appropriate assistance and equipment. There will be times that are required to work in variable weather conditions. This includes snow, freezing temps, hot, humid, etc.
• This job will require the ability to regularly lift at least 50 pounds, team lift 50 to 80 pounds, and use proper equipment for anything over 80 pounds.
• This job requires extended periods of being on your feet, often for an entire shift
• This job may include time working outside in cold or hot temperatures for reasonable periods of time.
Experience and Education:
• Candidate must demonstrate the ability to drive a 16’ box truck safely at all times and be able to maintain a clean driver’s license. This position requires an annual physical and random drug and alcohol tests per Department of Transportation regulations. This position requires an annual test (forms) with a DOT registered doctor to obtain the medical card required to drive our DOT regulated vehicle. Annually the candidate’s driver’s license does need to be submitted or may be pulled randomly to insure a clean state.
• Candidate is expected to have a High school diploma or GED. Candidate must prove he/she possesses the necessary driver’s license to perform this job and maintain a clean driver’s license at all times
• It is expected that you will be actively working for your entire shift. On days when you are working more than 6 hours you must take a 30 min lunch break during your shift. Other breaks can be provided upon request.
• Clothing and shoes should be sturdy, no open-toed shoes, work boots are preferred but not required.
Operate Wheeled Vehicle
Report Mechanical Failure