To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Buffalo, NY
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Industrial Shop and Yard Worker / Operator
TxMQ, Inc. • Buffalo, NY
Posted 6 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Industrial Shop and Yard Worker / Operator
Our client is seeking an Industrial Shop and Yard Worker / Operator to join their 3rd shift crew at their industrial steel fabrication and manufacturing facility in the Western NY region. Entry level general labor to experienced forklift driver and machine operator.
REPORTING TO: Shift Supervisor
· This is an exciting full time, permanent opportunity for entry level candidates seeking their first true position within the manufacturing sector OR for someone bringing some experience to the table and looking for a forever home and place to grow and learn new skills and thrive! The right individual will have the ability to move rather quickly from department to department via cross training and be able to work their way up!
· The hiring company is seeking an individual for a full time, permanent career opportunity within their manufacturing facility for evaluation and training into suitable departments within the organization, which could include but not be limited to, positions in the Finishing Department, the Yard, on Forklift, running machinery and equipment and more. These opportunities will allow for even entry level candidates with a positive attitude and strong work ethic to be trained and find a home within the company and continue to grow within, both monetarily and professionally.
· Seeking those that are looking for a stable career and professional future within the industrial sector and are capable of learning and growing with the company for the long term.
All employees will:
· Actively participate in and support a positive work environment that promotes the company’s values and culture and supports the philosophy of employee engagement and ownership for results.
· Work safely and maintain a safe environment
· Continually learn and develop in order to be able to perform their job or tasks competently and safely.
· Communicate openly and honestly with all levels of the organization.
· Be compliant with Human Rights laws and legislation.
· Actively participate in and support a 5S and continuous improvement environment throughout the facility to achieve KPI targets.
Responsibilities could include:
· Approve in-process production by confirming specifications; conducting visual and measurement tests; communicating required adjustments to production supervisor.
· Identification of various product sizes, gauges and steel types
· Reading measuring instruments, shop orders, executing orders,
· Other various hands on depending on department to include finishing, scarfing, labeling, straightening, forklift,
· Operating and performing routine maintenance functions to ensure process downtime and communicating to maintenance supervisor,
· Participating in problem-solving activities related to operation of equipment in the facility on both a preventive and reactive basis
· Completing courses and training offered through the company if offered – such as crane operation, lift truck courses, etc.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
· HS Diploma, some type of vocational education or training ideal
· Experience within the industrial / manufacturing sector highly desired
· Ability to read and write English, communicate in English and be able to understand and follow equipment manuals and other materials in English
· Willingness to learn and receive training from various relevant departments and teams to strengthen the employee knowledge base – such as how to operate certain machinery or equipment, online reporting systems such as AS/400, etc.
· Maintenance experience, forklift, machine operation, metal forming or fabrication, electrical or mechanical strengths are preferred
· BACKGROUND AND DRUG SCREEN REQUIRED
· Ability to work 3rd shift – 10pm-6am – Monday through Friday
· Position will be a Unionized position through the United Steel Workers.
PERSONAL SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES:
· Strong, proven work ethic, drive and ambition to learn and grow within the company
· Driver’s license / reliable transportation
· Professional, co-operative attitude
· Excellent communications skills, including both verbal and written
· Working knowledge of analytical problem solving methodologies
· Adept at establishing priorities and meeting critical deadlines
· Detail oriented, efficient and accurate
· Excellent organization, planning and time management skills
· Ability to work independently, exercise good judgment and be resourceful
· Must meet the physical demands of this position
· Hourly rate for this direct hire position will be $18/hr to start for entry level and potentially higher for those bringing experience. Will include a competitive benefits package, room for growth, etc.
HOW TO APPLY:
· Interested and qualified candidates should submit a Word formatted resume, employment references, and salary history to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] for immediate consideration.
· Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Contract, Contract to Hire and Direct Hire Staffing Services and Solutions