Saint Michael's Medical Center is a 358-bed regional tertiary-care, teaching, and research center in the heart of Newark's business and educational district and is accredited by The Joint Commission. Combining state-of-the-art technology, the latest diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, leading-edge research, and a network of highly qualified physicians, nurses, and allied health professionals, the hospital provides top-quality health care services delivered with compassionate care.
*Medical ICU consists of 15 beds & Cardiac Recovery Area consists of 14 beds*
- The Registered Nurse is responsible for the delivery of safe patient care utilizing the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation
- Provides direct patient care within the scope of practice
- Directs and guides patient/family teaching and activities of other nursing personnel while maintaining standards of care within the MICU Unit
- The Registered Nurse is directly responsible and accountable for the care given to his/her assigned patients
- He / She communicates with physician about changes in the patients clinical condition including cardiac monitoring, results of diagnostic studies and symptomatology
- Is able to respond quickly and accurately to changes in condition and/or response to treatment
1. High School Diploma or Equivalent required
2. Current and valid New Jersey State RN License.
3. Current BLS (AHA) certificate upon hire and maintain current.
4. Completion of Critical Care Course preferred.
5. Current ACLS certificate 30 days upon hire and maintain current.
6. Minimum of one year as a staff RN in acute care hospital, critical care preferred.
7. Critical Care RN (CCRN) Certification preferred.
8. Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred.
KEYWORDS: Registered Nurse, RN, Hospital, medical center, ICU, MICU, Critical Care Nurse Manager, CCRN, New Jersey, ICU RN, Saint Michael's Medical Center, Critical Care
If you would like more information please feel free to contact me!
Critical Care Registered Nurse (Ccrn)
Registered Nurse Certified
Intensive Care Unit
Medical Intensive Care Unit