A Timonium based accounting and consulting firm, a leader in wireless and paperless technology, is seeking an individual with goals of continual professional and personal growth.
We offer exceptional benefits, flexible time, competitive salaries and excellent working conditions for the right qualified applicant. Proficient in Caseware, Checkpoint, Excel, Word, Quickbooks and strong computer skills is a plus.
- CPA must have 5+ years of experience in accounting and auditing within a public firm
- Must be able to work well with clients
- Have a strong knowledge of accounting and auditing principles
- Have the ability to conduct an engagement independently
- Have a very strong knowledge of the theory of accounts
- Be able to conduct audit research
- Be able to create new footnotes to financial statements
- Understand and do substantial work on review engagements
- Be aware of OCBOA statements and their components
- Be capable of independently take a physical inventory and deal with ordinary exceptions
- Be aware of and utilize various FASB, GASB and SSARS pronouncements
- Be aware of differences in HUD and Governmental accounting
- Contribute to an audit planning meeting, assessing risk and making audit decisions as to testing of controls or balances
- Recognize business consulting opportunities to share with supervisors
- Create abstracts of legal documents, Board Minutes and By Laws
- Be capable of preparing individual and Business tax returns and be involved in some tax planning.