Whelen Engineering – a leader in the emergency warning industry - has been trusted to perform since 1952. To manage the recruiting and hiring program, CoWorx Staffing has a dedicated team located directly onsite at the Whelen campus in Chester, CT
~Whelen Engineering is seeking 1st shift Assembly Workers. These are temp to hire opportunities offering great pay and benefits including paid time off and paid holidays~
● Assemble product with small screws using hand and power tools
● Solder circuit boards and wires
● Maintain Production Flow – Manage Priority Jobs, efficiently.
● Test electronic assemblies.
● Troubleshoot & Inspect
● Communicate product information with Q.C. Dept.
● Whelen reserves the right to move personnel between departments to cover the workload.
● List not all inclusive and other duties may be assigned
● Must be able to distinguish colors
● Some departments require soldering
● Be able to work from drawings and bill of materials
● Basic knowledge of electricity and meters
● Ability to work with your hands. assemble small screws with hand and power tools
● Communicate effectively with personnel at all levels in the manufacturing process
● Have sufficient back ground knowledge, ability to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
● Able to prioritize work according to established guide lines.
● Adapt to changing priorities to meet customer demands
● Eager to accept new challenges and capable to meet stringent quality standards
● Minimal computer skills are required.
● Attention to detail a must
● Team Player
● May have to lift up to 35 pounds
* Training will be comprised of Company Mandatory Training, On-The-Job Training, and Off-site Training deemed necessary by Management.
7:00 - 3:30 p.m. or 7:30 to 4:00 depending on department
Monday through Friday. Overtime as Required. May include Saturdays.
CoWorx Staffing is an equal opportunity Employer