To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Wilmington, Delaware, DE
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Shaw Keller LLP • Wilmington, Delaware, DE
Posted 24 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
You will be an integral part of Shaw Keller's litigation team, working closely with our staff and attorneys to ensure our litigation practice runs smoothly. You will quickly be trained and gain substantial experience in all aspects of pretrial and trial support, while maintaining a rewarding work-life balance. Your compensation and benefits will rival those at top national litigation firms. Enjoy the low cost of living in Wilmington, or commute from Philadelphia. If you are interested, please submit a cover letter and resume. We look forward to hearing from you!
About Shaw Keller
Shaw Keller LLP is a boutique litigation firm headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware with a national reputation for successfully representing its clients in high-stakes disputes.
Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
Full time (37.5 hours per week), with occasional overtime
Flex/comp time available
$50k plus discretionary bonus
Health, dental, HSA, 401(k) participation and employer contributions (after one year at the firm), generous paid time off
· Accurately, quickly, and thoughtfully responding to the requests and needs of attorneys and senior staff
· Working alone and in teams to complete short-term and long-term projects
· Managing multiple projects at once and ensuring timely completion of all projects
· Keeping attorneys updated with the status of projects
· Electronically filing documents in federal and state courts and administrative agencies throughout the country
· Accurately calendaring case deadlines, hearings, and other events
· Managing case intake process for new matters and clients
· Drafting basic correspondence, pleadings, and court filings in accordance with applicable rules, procedures, and preferences
· Reviewing documents drafted by attorneys for formatting, substantive, and typographic errors
· Using research tools to find answers to procedural and substantive questions
· Helping attorneys prepare for depositions, teleconferences, hearings, and trials
· Respectfully and clearly communicating with co-counsel, clients, and court staff as needed
· Managing relationships and communications with litigation support vendors
· Ensuring compliance with court procedures and preferences
· Occasionally traveling for depositions, hearings, and trials
· Cross-training in all administrative tasks
· Maintaining attorney calendars
· Copying, binding, and reviewing printed materials for completeness and accuracy
· Answering and routing incoming calls
· Creating, editing, and sending bills
· Acting as backup for senior paralegals and office manager as needed
· Promptly and regularly filing emails and documents in firm document management system
· Accurately tracking and keeping time records
· Ensuring the highest level of service for all clients
· Clear headed in high-pressure situations
· Able to prioritize tasks and to ensure deadlines are met
· Comfortable with new software and technology, and working in a high-tech environment
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Good judgment
· Highly organized
· Superior attention to detail
· Chips in without being asked
· Dependable, responsive, and positive
· Takes ownership of projects and cases and acknowledges errors
Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel)