To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
200 Inner Belt Road
Somerville, MA 02143
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Triumvirate Environmental • Somerville, MA
Posted 22 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Environmental Specialists are the backbone behind Triumvirate Environmental’s success. They are hardworking, quick on their feet, innovative, and customer service driven. Our customers are world-renowned life science, healthcare, industrial, and higher education institutions and our Environmental Specialists interface with them each day, serving as an extension of their own Environmental Health and Safety Departments.
While Environmental Specialists begin in entry-level roles, they move on to serve in nearly every department within Triumvirate. Former Environmental Specialists are everywhere in the company including the consulting, sales, and operations management departments. The Environmental Specialist role provides you with hands-on foundational knowledge you need to develop as an environmental professional.
Bring your hard work and curiosity to Triumvirate and build your career in the environmental services industry by joining our Environmental Specialist Team.
To learn more about our entry-level opportunities and hear directly from Triumvirate employees, watch our "Life After College" webinar here.
Essential responsibilities and duties include:
- Manage hazardous and chemical waste programs for clients onsite following Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), Department of Transportation (DOT), and other state and federal government agencies’ regulations
- Execute onsite support services for the entire lifecycle of a hazardous materials management programs at client sites by performing chemical inventories, segregating chemicals, and shipping hazardous waste off-site
- Characterize, consolidate, pack, and ship hazardous waste for clients per RCRA and DOT regulations
- Train clients on proper chemical safety and hazardous waste management
- Perform and document environmental health and safety audits for clients in their facilities and laboratories using Triumvirate’s ADVISE program
- Develop an understanding of OSHA regulations as well as Triumvirate’s Health and Safety Practices
- Respond to chemical spill emergencies by managing the containment, clean up, and disposal of hazardous materials
Upon completion of emergency response (ER) training, all Environmental Specialists will be on a rotating ER team; requirements include being on-call 24 hours each day for one week out of each month.
- BS/BA in Environmental Science, Chemistry, Biology, or Safety and Occupational Health preferred, but all majors are welcome to apply
- Valid driver’s license
- Submission of college transcript
- Interest in the environmental health & safety field
- Ability to work as a member of a team as well as an individual
- Leadership experience/potential
- Strong communication, problem solving, and relationship building skills
- Successful completion (upon point of hire) of OSHA/DOT physical examination
- Completion of 40 Hour OSHA Hazwoper
- CPR and First Aid Training
- Class C Commercial Driver’s License
- Experience in a customer service environment
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Triumvirate Environmental is one of the largest environmental services firms in North America. Triumvirate provides leading institutions in the higher education, life sciences, healthcare, and industrial sectors with diverse services and advice to assist them with compliance management. At Triumvirate, we strive to WOW both our employees and our customers. Our unique culture fosters growth, development, education, and creativity.