NO PHONE CALLS OR EMAILS!! PLEASE MAIL A COVER LETTER, RESUME, AND THREE (3) REFERENCES TO THE FOLLOWING ADDRESS:
CASA INTAKE AND TRANSITION COORDINATOR
P O BOX 8418
ALEXANDRIA, LA 71306
Are you a team player looking for a challenging and rewarding work experience? Are you seeking employment that has a direct and positive impact on the well-being of children? Is your passion advocating for those who cannot speak for themselves? Are you ready to champion the needs of children throughout Central Louisiana?
Children’s Advocacy Network is looking for a professional and dedication individual to join our team as a CASA Intake and Transition Coordinator. This individual will:
1. Assure that the Center and its programs adhere to any requirements by granting agencies;
2. Assists in volunteer recruitment;
3. Conducts background screenings on all potential volunteers, board members and staff;
4. Assists with ongoing in-service and continuing education programs for staff, community and volunteers;
5. Assists CASA coordinators with volunteer and case management;
6. Assists with the development of a transition plan that is primarily to meet the child’s critical needs to have sufficient time to gradually form new attachments to the caregiver;
7. Coordinates information sharing among biological family members, foster parents, mental health professionals, teachers, CASA volunteers, and other involved supports in development of transition plan;
8. Develop Specific Transition Plan, Determining Length of Time, Number of and Frequency of Transition Contacts, and Assessment;
9. Coordinate and assist in completion of Final Move;
10. Develop and maintain a victim transition guide and volunteer manual;
11. Develop and implement region wide training of transition planning; and
12. Other duties as assigned.
· A minimum of four (4) years college; some college and/or the equivalent in professional level work.
· Strong administrative, public relations, organizational and computer skills
· Experience with volunteers, or in volunteer organizations
· Knowledge and understanding of issues and dynamics within families in crisis relating to child abuse and neglect.