To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
16666 Barker Springs Road
Houston, TX 77084
- Sarah Brandenburg
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Sales Consultant - West Houston, TX
StarFurniture • Houston, TX
Posted 2 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Job Description – Sales Representative
Star Furniture is hiring for a talented and dedicated Sales Representative to achieve and surpass Star Furniture’s benchmarks in all levels of sales and customer satisfaction. The ideal candidate is detail oriented, customer-service focused, and has experience with retail or furniture sales in a professional organization.
About Star Furniture
Star Furniture, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is a premier home furnishings retailer known for our quality control and customer service. Star Furniture operates twelve stores in Texas and is ranked fourth in the nation in furniture sales. We proudly sell home furniture, mattresses, bedding, rugs, draperies and more.
For over 100 years, Star has been providing our employees with the tools and training to succeed in a fast-paced environment. As we continue to grow, Star Furniture is searching for motivated individuals with a desire to work for a first-class furnishings retailer with top-notch customer service and quality. Join our team today!
Reports to: Sales Manager, Store Manager
Job Functions & Responsibilities:
· Practices suggestive selling, offering related items and accessories, driving multiple-unit sales.
· Demonstrates advanced knowledge of store products and services and uses this knowledge to build sales and enhance the level of customer service provided.
· Using professional sales concepts, such as greeting, building rapport, determining customer’s needs, presenting products, emphasizing features and benefits, overcoming objections, asking for sale, excellent customer service and follow-up.
· Proficiency in all technical aspects of writing and completing a sales contract.
· With Sales Manager, set and achieve a monthly, quarterly and annual sales goal/plan
· Tag and untag assigned store area
· Inspect assigned area and take care of minor housekeeping (dusting, straighten pillows, turn on lamps, etc.) Report damaged merchandise and other problems
· Promptly and accurately complete all paperwork related to sales and service
· Follow up with customer (after sale, pending on arrivals, etc.)
· Inform customers of credit denial in order to work out alternative methods of purchase
· Meet individual goals for aftermarket products: bedding, average sale, close rate, etc.
· Conduct telephone prospecting and arrange customer appointments on prospect days
· Attend all monthly sales meetings and supplementary training sessions
· Work assigned schedule
· Maintain professional appearance in keeping with current dress code
· Maintain Star’s Sales System
· Shop and report on competition
· Room planning with customers
Compensation & Benefits:
· We offer an extremely competitive commission structure!
· Health, Dental, Vision insurance coverage
· Paid vacation within your first year of work
· Generous employee discount
Skills & Specifications:
· 2 years of experience in a retail sales environment, preferably within a furniture sales environment
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Knowledge of merchandise and its locations
· Knowledge of company sales system
· Ability to communicate and write in English
· Ability to operate computer to enter sales and follow-up
· Ability to work the assigned schedule, including evenings, weekends, and holidays
· Office equipment needed: computer, telephone, fax machine, copier, file system, calculator, Sales Consultants’ Guide, point of purchase catalogs and brochures, tape measure, pager