ALTEK – A Harsco Company is a technology-based company with expertise and experience in aluminum dross and scrap processing systems. Our engineers have over 200 years of international experience in developing and refining aluminum dross processing solutions to dross and scrap recycling. They are a unique skill resource for our worldwide customers in the global aluminum production industry.
Altek is a leader in the design, engineering, and manufacturing of innovative equipment for the Aluminum Industry, we work hard to provide reliable and profitable equipment to our customers all over the world. our small company team works on large capital equipment projects and had a "roll up your sleeves" attitude.
If you are the person we are looking for, then you are a committed and motivated person with solid engineering principles. You work well on a team and enjoy helping the team find ways to continuously improve. You like to work with people and enjoy training them. You are proud to give customers a positive impression of your company. You care about where you work and the people you work with. You enjoy having the flexibility only a small company can offer, and you are willing to give back when needed.
Your responsibilities will include:
- You will be part of the engineering team involved in the design, construction, commissioning, and servicing of equipment and systems supplied to our US based customer’s.
- The position is a mixed office/shop/site role with travel primarily within the US and occasional international travel to our Altek UK facility for training or possibly to international customer sites.
- Install or supervise the installation of electrical and mechanical induction stirring equipment at customer facilities. Coordinate with the customer or third-party contractor to accomplish tasks.
- Provide training to customer representatives during commissioning including operators, engineers, and management.
- Prepare all documentation related to on-site activities including site visit reports, marked up as built drawings, time sheets, and commissioning documents.
- Provide technical support to customers by phone to resolve plant breakdown or reliability issues.
- Perform service calls at customer facilities to troubleshoot and resolve electrical, mechanical, and software issues, and/or to handle scheduled maintenance tasks.
- Document any issues or product improvement ideas and present this information to the design engineering team.
- Assist with the design of electrical control systems for new and existing equipment including electrical schematics, bill of materials, PLC ladder logic, and product manuals.
- Assist with the assembly and factory acceptance testing of Altek products at our facility in Malvern, PA
Education / Technical Requirements
- Bachelor of Engineering in Electrical or similar field required, however equivalent technical training and relevant experience may be considered in place of a degree.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience with an engineering degree. Minimum of 5 years of relevant industry experience with no engineering degree.
- Experience and/or knowledge of power electronics and experience working with industrial control panels.
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical and electrical drawings and schematics. AutoCAD or SolidWorks experience is a plus.
- Ability to work safely around molten aluminum in a foundry environment.
- Previous experience with inductors, inverters, drives and micro controllers.
- Experience with commissioning of industrial plant equipment.
- Working knowledge of NEC, NFPA 70 Codes, OSHA, and Lock out- Tag out procedures.
- Knowledge of PLC/SCADA Software design (Rockwell, Siemens etc.). PLC programming or troubleshooting experience is a plus.
- Experience with Beckhoff software and Eplan Electric is a plus.
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office, AutoCAD.
- Travel up to 50% of the time primarily domestic with some international travel to Altek’s UK office for training. Typical offsite project is 1-2 weeks at the customer site.
- You can work under pressure to meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude.
- You are committed to the job and have a flexible schedule.
- You are good at managing customer relationships and have a service attitude.
- You have the physical ability to lift and/or move 50 pounds, climb ladders, work at above average heights with proper PPE and work in hot or cold work places.
- You have a valid driver’s license and passport
- You can pass a criminal background check and drug test
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We offer competitive benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance, life insurance and disability plans, as well as a 401k with company matching.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.