Specialist V/VI, Information Technology (Systems Engineer)
Department: Office of Information Technology Admin
The Office of Information Technology is seeking candidates for the position of Systems Engineer in the Microsoft Server Support Group. This position reports to the Manager of the Microsoft Server Support Group.
Essential functions of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain existing .net applications and utilities and develop new group applications as needed
- Maintain Microsoft Windows applications and application updates with minimal downtime
- Leads both complex and routine projects and frequently interfaces with constituents, including management and/or internal teams to ensure quality, timeliness, and testing of all project/release work
- Participates in the definition, coordination and support of OIT's Microsoft solutions
- Leads technology strategy while maintaining detailed knowledge of the current technologies and infrastructure
- Maintains a thorough understanding of group service offerings and billing rates while working directly with customers and OIT accounting staff
- Maintains internal and external customer relationships in support of the group's service catalog
Auburn residents overwhelmingly rate the city as a great place to live, work and raise children, but don't just take their word for it. Forbes has consistently ranked Auburn on its lists for Best Places to Retire and Best Small Places for Business and Careers. Auburn City Schools have consistently been ranked among the top public school systems in the state and nation.
Auburn University is committed to providing a comprehensive employee benefits package that attracts and retains talent to further the University's mission and contributes to the personal and financial well-being of employees and their families. Employee Benefits include: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Care, Cancer Insurance, Life Insurance/Personal Accident Coverage, Disability Group & Supplemental Plans, Flexible Spending Account Plan, and Mandatory and Voluntary Retirement Plans, Auburn University Federal Credit Union, Bookstore Discounts, Tiger Perks discounts on dining, shopping and entertainment, Travel Assistance (Domestic and International), and Educational Improvements for Employees and Dependents.
- Entry into the applicant pool requires a Bachelor's degree and four (4) or more years of experience in Microsoft system and application development and administration. Typical salaries for Specialist V are between $63,000 and $75,000.
- Consideration for Level VI requires a Bachelor's degree and seven (7) or more years of referenced experience. Salaries are typically between $73,000 and $86,000.
- Must have knowledge of the specification, planning, development, provisioning and management of Microsoft Resources utilizing VMware and Hyper-V Hypervisors and Cloud Technologies.
- Must have knowledge of information technology principles and applications, IT system management methodologies, and new technologies.
Please utilize the attachment feature of our online employment system and attach the
following: cover letter, resume, and references. Only complete applications will be considered.
Auburn University is an EEO/Vet/Disability Employer and committed to building an inclusive and diverse community.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Management, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Systems
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Server Operating Systems in physical and virtual environments
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory integration including authentication and Microsoft applications: MS-SQL, IIS, SharePoint ,Group Policy (GPO), and Active Directory domain best practices
- Ability to maintain existing .net applications and utilities and develop new group applications as needed
- Experience updating, upgrading, and patching servers and services
- In-depth knowledge of Virtual Machine Provisioning, Management and Backup
- Knowledge of Enterprise Storage Technologies including File Sharing and Block storage including ISCSI and Fiber Channel storage area networks (SAN)
- Knowledge of Server Hardware and Microsoft clustering
- Knowledge of TCP/IP communication protocols, common service ports, and best security practices
- Experience with Azure
- Knowledge of multifactor authentication integration
Requisition No.: 28649
Close Date: 10-07-2019
The "Close Date" indicates the date after which applications may no longer be received. Salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
Refer to the above Requisition # and apply on-line at:
on any computer with Internet access. If you need any assistance, contact Auburn University's Department of Human Resources at Phone number blocked - click to apply
or your local state employment service distribution system office. Internet Access is also available through your public library.
Auburn University is an EEO/Vet/Disability employer.
Hyper Text Markup Language (Html)