We are recruiting for an experienced Medical Billing Manager to join a well-established specialty healthcare practice in Sacramento. This position will be responsible for directing, managing and coordinating the medical billing and coding office to ensure maximization of cash flow while improving patient, physician, and other customer relations. Ideal candidates will have experience with billing operations/workflow and exceptional leadership skills. This is a full time opportunity with great growth potential.
· Oversees the operations of the billing department
· Serves as the go to person for all coding and billing processes.
· Plans and directs patient insurance documentation, workload coding, billing and collections.
· Analyze billing and claims for accuracy and completeness
· Maintains contacts.
· Prepares and analyzes accounts receivable reports.
· Ensures that the activities of the billing operations are conducted in a manner that is consistent with overall department protocol.
· Participates in the development and implementation of operating policies and procedures.
· Supervises billing office personnel, which includes work allocation, training, and problem resolution.
· Maintain regular and punctual attendance
· Effectively and efficiently communicate with physicians and other departments about coding procedures as needed.
· Perform other duties, as needed.
- 8 year experience in medical insurance and healthcare billing.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certified Coder certificate a plus.
- Strong understanding of all medical insurance plans.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Proficiency in MS Office and Patient Management software.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Working knowledge of HIPAA, billing and insurance regulations, medical terminology, insurance benefits, and appeal process.
Medical Billing And Coding