Our client is a leading and growing global provider of payment processing, information management, fleet card payment solutions and healthcare technology. They are seeking a self-driven and analytical savvy professional to join their Accounting team.
As a Senior Accountant you will have the opportunity to take ownership of reporting costs, productivity margins and expenditures for a cutting-edge growing company. You will take a leadership role on a small team, managing and overseeing business unit accounting and financial treatment over a group of accounts within a specialized area.
What does the Senior Accountant do?
· Fully own the month, quarter and year-to-date financial reporting process for the business unit.
· Record, classify, and summarize financial transactions and events in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
· Participate in monthly closing processes, with full understanding of all Key Journal entries.
· Reconcile assigned accounts, which may include AR and AP. Resolve differences and initiate corrective action. Process various sub-ledger and general ledger journal entries as needed.
· Implement corporate accounting policies and procedures to ensure adequate controls and compliance with guiding accounting principles, concepts, and practices.
· Provide guidance on accounting treatments to other departments and accounting team.
· Act as a liaison with internal customers to ensure all financial transactions are recorded timely and accurately.
· Review accounts, records, and other accounting documents for accuracy adequacy, and proper accounting treatment.
· Initiate corrective action on complex and senior-level issues.
· Assist with annual external audits, complete requested material, and assist in preparing assigned schedules or the annual and interim audit.
· Analyze budget vs. actual variances at the GL account level in order to write up an analysis to be presented in the monthly internal financial statements
· Work on special projects as assigned by management.
Senior Accountant Qualifications:
· Bachelor's degree, CPA/MBA preferred.
· 5-8+ years of direct accounting experience.
· Experience using Dynamics GP, Prophix, Coupa, HFM, or related financial and database systems.
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles