To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Richmond, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
DIRECTOR OF SITE OPERATIONS
AAK • Richmond, CA
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
DIRECTOR OF SITE OPERATIONS-Richmond, CA
AAK USA Inc. is a global leader with over 100 years of history in producing and selling value-adding vegetable oil solutions for food and non-food applications. Our products go into food market sectors such as bakery, dairy, confectionary, and infant nutrition, and our non-food applications include fats and oils for use in personal care products, candles, animal feed, and much more. AAK has industry leading products, services and technologies that enable our customers to succeed. We have a proven track record of working side by side with our customers to create solutions that work. Further information on AAK can be found on the company’s website www.aak.com.
We are currently seeking to hire a Director of Site Operations for our Richmond, CA manufacturing facility.
This position provides direct oversight and direction to the Site Operations Team through comprehensive and thorough leadership support focusing on achieving high levels of customer focus and exceptional execution by utilizing strong interpersonal communication skills. This person is the Senior Corporate rep responsible for all implicit functions
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Manages company assets, plant employees, and contractors within all applicable laws and procedures while meeting or exceeding location, and corporate objectives.
· Executes and champions food safety, Environment, Health and Safety procedures at the Site.
· Oversees and ensures supervisors are holding others accountable for compliance with Site’s Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) plans.
· Ensures all regulations (AAK and government) are followed and reporting is accurate and timely.
· Manages risk/loss potential to personnel, equipment, and Site operations (production).
· Develops, sets priorities, and monitors annual plan for Site as well as KPIs based on the corporate objectives.
· Oversees Quality, customer satisfaction, personnel and food safety. Creates, leads, and controls a work environment that utilizes a quality management system with a focus on “Right First Time”.
· Makes plant tours, monitors general operation and maintenance of plant equipment, and collects and responds to improvement ideas.
· Anticipates, recognizes, and takes action for events/situations that could adversely affect production efficiencies or safety performance.
· Lead engineering efforts for output and energy improvements
· Monitor with other Managers and Supervisors the performance of personnel and equipment
· Report thru documentation the progress and improvements accomplished and in progress
· Holds maintenance supervisor accountable for following predictive/preventative schedule.
· Holds production meetings with various functions from around the Site and communicates outward from meeting to outside functions, (i.e. Sales, Commercial, and Supply Chain).
· Develops annual Site budget, including labor, energy, supplies, and maintenance costs, and presents to management for review.
· Work with vendors, engineers and managers to reduce costs in all process areas
· Operate within Budget parameters.
· Meet and communicate with all Operations personnel and engineers to look at cost savings and improvements to reduce inefficiencies
· Coordinates shutdown planning and procedures.
· Ensures others are held accountable to perform work according to specifications and standards, and management of change (MOC) procedures are followed and recorded.
· Develops three year capital plan to keep Site running safely and efficiently while meeting customer requirements.
· Aids in approval for capital projects and oversees project management, including capital commitment preparation, funding, timeline, safety, and budget.
AAK USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to workforce diversity. EOE. M/F/D/V.
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Chemical preferred)
· 7-10 years’ experience in operations management from a chemical or oil processing environment
· Knowledge of CA environmental regulations a plus
· Ability to work well with others and communicate effectively
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Programs
· Strong Leadership Skills
· Ability to travel as needed, approximately 20%.
· Candidates must be authorized to work in the US, now and in the future, without sponsorship