To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Morrisville, NC
- James Williamson
- Phone: +44 (0)1793 864007
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Director, Project Management
Catalent Pharma Solutions • Morrisville, NC
Posted 4 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Director of Project Management (PM) is responsible for the site PM function - providing leadership, coordination, and operational management. The Director is responsible for: leading and delivering multiple type of projects: Fee For Service (FFS), New Product Introductions, Technology Transfers and Technology or proactive projects into the site. He or she is responsible for the strategy and execution to build site Project Management capability and competency, and managing site PMs, and is also responsible to deploy and enforce Catalent defined processes and expectations within the PM team.
The Director of PM is a critical leadership role for their respective site. The incumbent is a member of the Site Leadership Team and has dotted line reporting into the site GM. The Director will partner with the Site Leadership team to identify and prioritize customer funded projects, proactive development programs; and deliver the portfolio on-time with quality.
The Director of PM is responsible for delivering quality products and solutions to customers by understanding product strategy and customer needs, site and DDS business strategy, supporting the development of business cases, developing business requirements, and supporting product development and deployment. The role ensures business requirements are met, monitors project plans, manages budgets, align resources and manages change.
- Provide leadership and management for the site Project Management Function, including direct line authority for PMs and matrix accountability for their cross-functional teams.
- Manage strategic planning and execution of the site project portfolio; including customer driven (Fee for Service) and proactive Development programs.
- Represents their site in business unit and PD functional project/portfolio reviews, management and PD operating mechanisms, etc. Leader of the NPIx (New Product Introduction eXcellence) Governance Committee.
- Support the RFQ and BD process for the site and represent site capabilities to customers. Assist with project proposals to determine technical requirements, timing, funding, and procedures for successful completion of projects.
- Conduct regular project reviews to assess progress and make adjustments to keep projects on track in terms of technical and quality deliverables, timelines, and budget.
- Responsible for budget and resource planning and management for site PM function. Including staffing requirements, resource allocation and capability building.
- Build and lead a high-performing Project Management Team for their site. Attract and retain high-caliber talent, maintain clear roles and responsibilities, and determine development requirements for the team members.
- Participate in the design and implementation of standard PM policies and processes such as Project Management systems and NPIx (New Product Introduction eXcellence).
- Bachelors or Master’s in science, engineering or related field. PMP Certification would be preferred but not necessary.
- 10-15+ years of experience in regulated industry; pharmaceutical preferred.
- Demonstrated successful leadership of a PM team/function with successful track record of delivering projects on time with quality.
- Experience building and/or improving PM capability for a site or business unit.
- Product development and manufacturing experience is required
Catalent’s standard leadership competencies that are used to interview and for Performance & Development:
- Leads with Integrity and Respect
- Delivers Results
- Demonstrates Business Acumen
- Fosters Collaboration and Teamwork
- Champions Change
- Engages and Inspires
- Coaches and Develops
For more information on this fantastic Opportunity, please contact:
Executive Recruiting Sourcer
Catalent Pharma Solutions
Frankland Road, Blagrove, Swindon, Wiltshire, SN5 8RU, UK
Catalent offers rewarding opportunities to further your career! Join the global drug development and delivery leader and help us bring over 7,000 life-saving and life-enhancing products to patients around the world. Catalent is an exciting and growing international company where employees work directly with pharma, biopharma and consumer health companies of all sizes to advance new medicines from early development to clinical trials and to the market. Catalent produces more than 70 billion doses per year, and each one will be used by someone who is counting on us. Join us in making a difference.
Catalent. More products. Better treatments. Reliably supplied. ™
Visit www.catalent.com/careers to explore career opportunities.
Catalent is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, you may submit your request by sending an email, and confirming your request for an accommodation and include the job number, title and location to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. This option is reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability. Information received will be processed by a U.S. Catalent employee and then routed to a local recruiter who will provide assistance to ensure appropriate consideration in the application or hiring process.
Notice to Agency and Search Firm Representatives: Catalent Pharma Solutions (Catalent) is not accepting unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms for this job posting. Resumes submitted to any Catalent employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written & signed search agreement, will become the sole property of Catalent. No fee will be paid if a candidate is hired for this position as a result of an unsolicited agency or search firm referral. Thank you.