Growing Insurance Agency seeking an experienced part time Accountant to manage all aspects of corporate accounting activities and internal/external reporting requirements. The Accountant will be responsible for invoice review, AP/AR, commissions accounting and preparation of reports such as P&L, month-end & year end closing entries. Given our dynamic business environment, the Accountant must be an adept thinker, self-starter, and someone who is willing to roll up their sleeves to thrive given our lean and efficient staffing structure. The ideal candidate has experience as an accountant within the Insurance industry, is detail oriented, discreet and trustworthy with excellent communication skills. The Accountant will report directly to the President, covering a variety of accounting functions with a positive attitude.
Position offers flexible schedule, approximately 20-30 hours per week.
• Leading all aspects of the Agency’s corporate accounting functions including setup & maintenance of QuickBooks
• Managing invoicing, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and reconciliation processes
• Monthly generation of full financial statements. Thorough and accurate record keeping of all expenses of the Agency, providing proper documentation. Responsible for interfacing with President and managing the annual year-end audit process
• Overseeing all corporate tax reports and filings, making recommendations for tax strategies that align with business goals
• Maintaining all corporate financial data and reports (both hard and electronic)
• Assistance in establishing and sustaining maintenance of financial policies, internal procedures, and best practices
• 5+ years of relevant Accounting or Finance experience in Insurance Field
• BS/MS Degree in Accounting or Finance
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, QuickBooks & other accounting softwares
• Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
• Demonstrated strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Reliable, resourceful, enthusiastic with a high energy level
• Strong attention to detail with a passion for excellence