To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Visalia, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Financial Cost Accountant
Exact Staff • Visalia, CA
Posted 2 months ago
Exact Staff is currently hiring for a Financial Cost Accountant in Visalia, CA for a dairy company.
· Prepares cost accounting reports and recommendations for presentation to management. Solid understanding of ERP system and accurate processing of all standard cost accounting transactions, including cycle counts, PPV, IPV, physical inventories, production and transfers.
· Works with all CDI locations to ensure accurate accounting of all inventories in accordance with GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles).
· Help support the system functionality of D365 and Navision, through the application of updating and monitoring data for inventories in regards with item maintenance, purchasing and costing.
· Maintain the organizations manufacturing cost accounting system, including bill of material maintenance and establishing standard costs for raw product, ingredient, packaging, spare parts, chemicals and overheads.
· Analyze monthly inventory and standard variance accounts for each CDI location, and resolve any discrepancies by communicating with the different business units regarding unexplained variances (including Purchase Price Variances (PPV) and Invoice Price Variances (IPV)).
· Prepare and present monthly inventory pricing of finished goods based on Net Realizable Value (NRV).
· The position will have both month end, and year-end close responsibilities, which include the preparation of journal entries and account reconciliations.
· Set up new packaging, and FG items; create and maintain production BOMs; maintain periodic cost rolls/updates.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Strong analytical skills.
· Proficient in written and spoken English.
· Computational and math skills required.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint).
· Excellent organizational and follow through skills.
· College-level verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to communicate with upper management on a daily basis.
· A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited physical University in Accounting, Business or Finance is required
· 3-5 years of experience in Finance or Accounting in a manufacturing environment.
· 2-5 years of specific experience in Cost Accounting.
· Experience with an ERP system; Microsoft Dynamics AX or Dynamics 365 preferred.