A well-established Brooklyn based manufacturing company is seeking a Purchasing Manager to join their team. This role is responsible for the planning and purchasing of direct and indirect materials in a timely and cost effective way, while maintaining appropriate quality standards and specifications.
The Purchasing Manager reports to the Vice President of Supply Chain Management and requires an experienced, detail-driven individual who will lead, manage and be accountable for buying and planning of raw materials for the New York operations.
This position is a hands-on supervisory role managing, supporting and motivating a professional, local team of buyers & material planners who work with hundreds of worldwide suppliers of the raw materials for electro-mechanical parts, electronic components and some finished goods.
· Manage the purchasing team of 5-6 buyers & material planners to effectively execute raw material planning and buying to ensure the accurate and timely ordering and receipt of products that meet factory demand. Planning and buying functions are performed within the ERP system (AS400/MAPICS).
· Ensure ERP data is accurate and up to date, including order acknowledgements, commit dates, lead times
· Engage with vendors as often as needed to address potential issues and prioritize purchasing schedules to meet project timelines
· Support urgent material needs through direct communication with all vendors
· Hands on, daily communication with internal stakeholders to procure raw materials needed to meet project and production deadlines. Such stakeholders include senior management, engineering, manuf. operations, quality assurance, project managers, production control, logistics, warehousing and finance.
· Display good judgment and creative/strategic business skills in solving problems.
· Build and develop relationships with key suppliers and customers.
· Recommend changes or improvements to our ISO Purchasing Procedures.
· Must be either a US Citizen or US Permanent Resident (green card holder) for ITAR compliance.
· Minimum of 10 years’ relevant experience for a manufacturer in the same or similar industry, including 5+ years’ direct supervisory responsibility of purchasing team members.
· Bachelor’s Degree in a business related field is DESIRED.
· Strong team management skills, with the ability to build and maintain solid cross-functional relationships.
· Experience procuring electronic components, electro-mechanical parts & related raw materials is a strong plus.
· Individual must be driven and pro-active with little need for supervision and ability to perform in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment.
· Strong computer skills including advanced Excel is required.
· Working knowledge of AS400/MAPICS ERP system is a strong plus.
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal & written.
· Ability to fit into a strong company culture with a shared vision and focus on team excellence.
· Ability to multi-task and adjust to changing priorities and short deadlines
The position offers a competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with related experience. This position offers significant growth opportunities. Only local candidates will be considered.
To apply directly to this Purchasing Manager position, email your resume to: "firstname.lastname@example.org"
Visit our website at: http://matrixemployment.com
Enterprise Resource Planning