This position is to provide a range of personal care assistance that is appropriate and necessary for the participant’s health and well-being. To enable participant to accomplish fundamental activities of daily living including but not limited to eating, toileting, dressing, bathing, transferring and ambulation.
QUALIFICATIONS: High School diploma/GED required. Must be a home health aide/certificate of nurse’s aide/or complete 60 hours of personal care training. Ability to complete all initial and ongoing background checks including but not limited to: CORI, SORI, Fingerprinting, LEIE, driving record, E-verify, Physical, PPD and licensing and/or certification checks (i.e. nursing). Valid US driver’s license and ready access to a vehicle.
TRAINING REQUIREMENTS: Must maintain all certification needed in the program including CPR, First Aid, and BFAIR Human Rights Training. May need to attend workshops, seminars or BFAIR functions as needed for job development.
- Treat each consumer, co-worker, supervisor and others with the respect and dignity due every human being, and adhere to the Human Rights Standards and the Elder Abuse Reporting Guidelines through the Executive Office of Elder Affairs (EOEA) around physical and emotional abuse, including the timely reporting of violations. In addition, will abide by the Disabled Persons Protection Commission’s (DPPC) Mandated Reporter Guidelines and MRC regulations.
- Set appropriate limits with consumers and problem solve independently.
- Must exercise good judgment, including the appropriate handling of emergency situations.
- Must communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with consumers, families, co-workers, ABI/MFP service providers, MRC, Case Managers and supervisor.
- Act as an appropriate role model through dress, speech and actions.
- Assist consumers in networking culturally appropriate community activities, entertainment and generic community resources based on goals in the person-centered service plan.
- Work individually with any program participants, which may include providing physical assistance and/or supervision with mobility (light to heavy lifting and transfers) hygiene, task training, recreational activities or other needs.
- Effectively perform crisis intervention with may include:
- Proving emergency first aid/CPR
- Performing fire evacuation, disaster relocation or emergency search
- Utilizing physical restraint and/or other less restrictive interventions
9. Be able to monitor and effectively report, verbally and in writing on a Client’s progress, challenges and status.
10. Adhere to agency/personnel policies, MRC regulations, follow emergency and maintain confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA.
11. Arrange all staff PTO time off requests with Director. Vacation time must be requested at least two weeks prior to the desired date(s). In the case of illness, you must call out to your supervisor two hours prior to the start of your shift.
12. Must arrive on time to scheduled shifts and remain on duty until proper coverage is found.
13. Attend scheduled staff meetings and trainings as assigned; work shifts as assigned. Shifts may not be changed unless permission is received from supervisor prior to change.
14.Required to maintain certifications in all agency mandated trainings.
15. Accurately document all hours worked on a time sheet daily with no cross outs or white out. Time sheets should reflect employees assigned scheduled unless approval was given by supervisor to alter assigned schedule.
16. Meet with Director or designee monthly for individual supervision; attend staff meetings, and attend other meetings as assigned.
17. Adhere to agency/personnel policies, regulatory agency(s) regulations, follow emergency procedures and maintain individual’s confidentiality in accordance with HIPPA standards.
18. The agency reserves the right to revise existing schedules and/or program sites assignments, with notice due to the changing needs of the individuals served and program(s).
19. Perform other duties as assigned by Director and/or designee.
Activities Of Daily Living (Ad Ls)