Buckles-Smith Electric is a company that offers unique opportunities within the unique setting in the Silicon Valley and Northern California. Many of the companies driving change in today’s high-tech, global economy are located here and are customers to Buckles-Smith. We are in the middle of a $1 billion electrical and automation industry in Northern California. Buckles-Smith can offer career opportunities and challenges and will keep you in the middle of an exciting and dynamic area.
We are looking for motivated and creative individuals to join our team and help drive our company’s future!
Provide a positive experience to our customers by providing product selection assistance, accurately and efficiently processing requests for quotations and orders. Provide coordination between sales, operations and suppliers to meet market demands.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- Establish, develop and maintain excellent working relationships with customers, vendors and co-workers.
- Project a positive, professional image of the company in all communications with customers, vendors, and co-workers.
- Perform duties in a professional manner by promptly providing accurate and thorough pricing, quotations, product information, order information and other customer or vendor requests.
- Take ownership of customers’ requests, inquiries and complaints promptly; follow through to customer’s satisfaction.
- Take off bills of materials from plans and/or specification readings or generate bills of materials based on project data given by customer.
- Strategize with Sales Team, vendors, and customers to execute plans to win profitable projects.
- Take part in pre-bid walk through activities (or other possible on-site activities) to support project quotations, as needed.
- Work effectively with Account Managers, Product Specialists and Inside Sales to resolve customer and vendor issues tied to orders, quotes, RGA’s and other project sales activity.
- Ask customers pertinent questions to define expectations regarding delivery dates and price.
- Be an internal advocate for our customers to ensure we are delivering to meet promises and customer expectations.
- Stay current with industry trends, products and services.
- Establish proficiency in current business system and related applications.
- Be proficient with sales CRM tool for funnel management and vendor planning activities.
- Be proficient with necessary vendor e-tools and systems.
- Inform customers of industry events, product updates, and promotions.
- Achieve overall gross margin levels established by management; profitably grow market share.
- Keep accurate truck logs; research and reconcile freight damage.
- Make decisions on behalf of the company and customer pertaining to the margins on the project.
- Make decisions as to the direction to proceed based on the size and complexity of the project.
- Determine which manufacturers to work with that are best suited to fit the scope and time line of the project.
- Ad hoc activities as requested.
Certificates, licenses, registrations
Valid class “C” CA driver’s license
While performing the duties of this job, an employee is regularly required to sit for long periods; stand; talk and hear both in person and by telephone; and use hands to operate, handle or feel office equipment; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk, climb, stoop or bend and lift and/or move up to and including 100 pounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Knowledge and Skill requirements
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing. Effectively use communication tools (phone, instant message, email, social media, etc.)
- Ability to listen effectively and empathize with vendors, internal and external customers
- Working proficiency of MS Office
- Able to navigate and utilize online resources related to essential job duties and responsibilities
- Knowledge of basic algebra, percentages, addition, subtraction, multiplication
- Strong knowledge of product and application knowledge
- Understanding of the bid process
- Strong time management, organizational, and follow-up skills
Four year college degree or High School diploma plus equivalent industry experience.
Return Goods Authorization Process