Developmental Disabilities Institute (DDI) was founded in 1961, to address the special needs of children with Autism and other developmental disabilities, and provide therapeutic intervention. Serving over 1,500 children and adults with Autism and related disorders, providing educational, residential, day habilitation and vocational services.
DDI's Children's Day Programs operate on a twelve month calendar and include nine weeks of scheduled vacation during the year. This is a great opportunity to get valuable experience and knowledge working in a classroom setting and using ABA. Eligible employees are offered a comprehensive benefits package including Medical and Dental coverage and tuition reimbursement.
- Assist the teacher in directly implementing student's IEP’s (Individualized Education Plans)
- Collect student behavior and performance data as directed by the teacher
- Assist in conducting basic instructional activities and in helping with the safety and supervision of students
- Attend and pass all required in-services and trainings
- Participate in performance reviews/discussions
- Accept assignments in varying classes, in accordance with the need of the program to provide proper ratio in class groupings
- Be familiar with and act in accordance with all policies contained in the Children’s Day Services Handbook for Staff Supervise the Substitute Teacher Assistant in the Teacher’s absence
- Assist in student arrival from the busses and dismissal to the buses
- Accompany assigned students if they leave the building for programmatic or emergency reasons