To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
19220 Washington 162
Orting, WA 98360
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Sales and Marketing Strategic Manager
ITW Food Equipment Group • Orting, WA
Posted 2 months ago
Illinois Tool Works (NYSE: ITW) is a Fortune 200 company that produces diversified products in global markets. Some of its products include welding equipment, automotive components, construction materials and commercial food equipment. The Food Equipment Group, one of seven ITW decentralized business segments, is seeking a Sales and Marketing Strategic Manager for the Bakery Equipment business unit. This position would be located at the Baxter Manufacturing facility in Orting, Washington. The facility is located one-hour South of Seattle.
Founded in 1958, Baxter Manufacturing has become the foremost manufacturer of ovens and proofers in the United States. Baxter is the premier brand that others follow. Known for high quality equipment and recognized as a leader in baking and cooking technologies, we offer equipment to make your job easier.
ITW Food Equipment
ITW’s Food Equipment segment designs and manufactures advanced ware wash (dishwashing), cooking, refrigeration, and food processing equipment and provides service for institutional, industrial, restaurant, and retail customers around the world. ITW’s food equipment businesses are highly branded with industry-leading positions differentiated by innovation and unique, integrated service offerings. These well-known brands meet the needs of their global customers by focusing on the industry’s most critical issues and trends: sustainability, ease of use, performance, and on-site service.
This position is responsible for leading all marketing activities in support of the Baxter Business Unit, with focus on the market research, which includes obtaining and analyzing market data. The position also requires managing new product strategies. Included, but at a lesser level, this position will be responsible for the brand communication activities.
The successful candidate will partner with the Baxter Business Unit Manager (BUM) on the development of the Baxter marketing plan and ensure all Baxter activities are consistent with the Baxter and ITW Enterprise Strategies.
This position reports to the BUM and leads marketing plan and execution for all products manufactured and sold by Baxter. Collaborates with Business Development and Engineering to develop sales strategies and new product development specifications to ensure constant revenue growth and market expansion. Manages day-to-day marketing and communications activities and is charged with staying on budget.
- Collaborate with BUM and staff peers to develop Business Unit’s LRP based upon end-user market intelligence
- Develop and implement end-user segment positioning and marketing strategies for Baxter and manage all execution adhering to set continuity guidelines
- Own the marketing budget and manage appropriately. Align the marketing budget with the initiatives in the annual Operating Plan. Reallocate as appropriate to drive highest ROI.
- Develop compelling marketing collateral based on relevance (meets needs, or ideally solves unmet needs), credibility (reasons to believe), and differentiation (features/advantages/benefits and advantage vs. competition); ensure consistency with brand and targeted end-user strategies
- Execute Business Unit support of Digital (Website, Application, Email, SEO, SEM, Mobile) and Marketing Automation Strategies (CRM, Lead Generation and Nurturing, etc.). Monitor to insure KPIs are met and optimizations are made.
- Manage, coordinate and integrate various marketing project activities to assure project objectives are met within scope, quality, time and cost constraints.
Assist with all training presentations
Oversee management of:
- Website, app and AutoQuotes updates
- Price and Product Showcase Books
- Resource Center Playbooks
- Literature inventory and fulfillment
- Dealer with Web-Based Selling
Develop processes and systems that generate continuous market intelligence data from targeted end-user market segments. Identify unmet needs in the market; develop competitive insights; develop market-based segmentation (behavioral and needs-based); build a deep understanding of how our products and brands stack up vs. competition – all through external, quantifiable market research.
IIdentify and understand operational and purchasing influences of all targeted segments, products or services
Drive the analysis, conclusions and strategic direction of market research findings, particularly in terms of end-user segmentation, channel and promotional strategies and channel insights.
Make recommendations on strategic pricing (where should our target street prices be) relative to customer expectation, perceived value of our products/brands for the differentiation we provide, and relative to competitive levels.
New Product Development:
Lead the research and definition of strategies for new product development to deliver innovative product offerings that address the major needs and problems of our core end-users and market segments.
Make recommendations (based on above) regarding product changes/modifications as well as NPD. Lead early process on NPD (up to and including screen sheets and commercial validation).
- Product launches – lead all product launches / commercialization with regards to marketing plans.
- Assist with, and ensure, rapid and thorough execution of trade and end-user marketing plans to effectively commercialize all newly developed products. Develop and execute all marketing communications programs (offline, digital, trade shows).
- Work with FEG VP of marketing on the development of overall positioning for our brand, including character, tone, brand promise, etc.
Strategy development and execution
Strong leadership skills
Cross-functional relationship building
Business & financial acumen
Decision making & judgment
Proven track record of successful product launches
Customer focus and market segmentation
Product-based, business-to-business enterprise experience
Education:BS or BA degree in sales, marketing, business, or engineering. MBA preferred
Desire > 7 years of Industry experience with 3 years of relevant marketing experience
Demonstrated history of success with increasing role responsibilities
Desired Competencies and Skills
- Leadership skills with demonstrated passion
- Strategic planning and operator insights development
- Knowledge of product development processes
- Expertise in marketing tools and tactics
- Strong analytical skills
- In depth understanding of primary and secondary market research
- Planning and implementation/project management
- Financial (P&L) proficiency and budget management
- Solid presentation skills
- Managing through others
Based in Orting, WA (1 hour south of Seattle)
Travel requirement: ~ 25%