Responsible for initiating calls and letters to delinquent customers to collect payments and settle accounts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
• Provides customer service regarding collection issues.
• Responsible for monitoring and maintaining assigned accounts.
• Processes customer refunds, account adjustments, monthly delinquency notices, credit memos and the appropriate reporting.
• Resolves client discrepancies and short payments.
• Enlists senior management when necessary to accelerate the collection process.
• Reliable attendance a must.
• Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Customer Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction
• Basic Language Skills - Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations, to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
• Basic Math Skills - Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent, and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
• Basic Reasoning Ability - Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
• Computer Skills- Microsoft Office Suite
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Minimum of 2 years’ colelction experience handling 300+ accounts.