Research Assistant Position
Business Strategy Consultants seeks a research assistant position to support research, evaluation, and data use activities of the Office of Planning, Research and Evaluation (OPRE) in the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (USDHHS), Administration for Children and Families (ACF).
OPRE conducts rigorous research and evaluation for improving child and family well-being. The Office studies ACF’s social services programs and the low-income and at-risk children and families they serve. OPRE also works to improve ACF data and coordinates performance management for ACF. OPRE includes approximately sixty staff members, primarily research and evaluation specialists. The Office oversees a portfolio of approximately $200 million in grants and contracts.
· Information on ACF is available at URL blocked - click to apply.
· Information on OPRE is available at URL blocked - click to apply.
The position will support the Division of Data and Improvement (DDI), which focuses on increasing the quality, usefulness, sharing, and analysis of data to improve ACF programs and program participants’ outcomes. DDI supports ACF programs in these efforts through overseeing technical assistance contracts, like the URL blocked - click to apply, and provides coordination, guidance, and technical assistance to ACF programs, states, and localities on all aspects of data sharing and integration through the URL blocked - click to apply.
The position will support federal staff and carry out responsibilities related to supporting research, evaluation, and technical assistance activities related to data sharing and use in human service programs. Responsibilities will include:
· Provide both administrative and substantive support to federal staff overseeing research contracts, grants, and technical assistance activities.
· Work with federal staff and existing grantees and contractors to identify emerging issues and questions in need of new research, synthesis, or interpretation for policy decision-making.
· Coordinate efforts among grantees, contractors, other researchers in the field, and federal staff to promote sharing of findings, methodologies, and reusable tools.
· Conduct literature, website, and document reviews as needed
· Conduct ad hoc quantitative analyses of administrative data with support from federal staff.
· Develop written products as requested including one-page summaries, briefs, and other types of documents.
· Monitor new and emerging research relevant to ACF programs and assist federal staff in coordinating the integration of research into current projects and future planning.
· Support federal staff in administrative tasks.
· Perform other related duties as assigned.
This position will be located in Washington, DC.
A Bachelor’s Degree in Child Development, Family Studies, Psychology, Public Policy, Public Health, Sociology, Social Work, Human Development, Data Science, Data Management, or related fields. Experience with and interest in research, program evaluation, and knowledge of policies and programs affecting children and families served by ACF programs is preferred.
The salary will be 56,500 to $62,000 depending on experience, skills and capability of the candidate. Although a full time staff is preferred, highly qualified part-time applicants will be considered.
Business Strategy Consultants provides the following employee benefits:
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Health Insurances
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to:
Email: URL blocked - click to apply
Candidates should have the following:
· Strong organizational, written, and oral communication skills
· Ability to be detail-oriented and self-motivated and to prioritize and balance a diverse workload
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Interest in data sharing and analytics
· Familiarity with qualitative and quantitative research methods
· While not required, experience using statistical software packages like SPSS, SAS, or Stata is a plus