Assistant Therapeutic Classroom Teacher
Pay Rate: $15.00/hour
Hours per week: 40
Weeks per year: 52
Community Services for Children is looking for caring and warm team member to make a difference in the lives of high risk infants, toddlers and their families in the Early Head Start program for an rewarding career as a Assistant Therapeutic Teacher. Join CSC in implementing a leading edge therapeutic program that restores the effects of maltreatment in drug/alcohol impacted children. CSC is a well-established, high performing organization located in the heart of the Leigh Valley. Selected as a 2015 and 2017 Top Workplace, CSC is a leader in early childhood education.
Community Services for Children requires all staff members provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment. We want to create the safest workplace possible and protect children and families. This is also necessary in order to comply with President Biden’s mandated vaccination guidance for all Head Start/Early Head Start programs. Candidates who are selected for this position will have to meet the COVID-19 vaccination condition of employment.
A $500 monetary incentive will be paid to newly employed Community Services for Children staff members who start work after June 1, 2021. The $500 payout will be paid upon successful completion of probation.
Community Services for Children is offering a onetime $75 COVID-19 vaccination incentive for newly hired staff members who are able to show proof of receiving the COVID-19 vaccine. The payout will be paid upon successful completion of probation.
- Assist Therapeutic Teacher in planning and maintaining a safe, clean, learning environment in assigned classroom, including serving nutritional meals for children.
- Plans with and assists the Therapeutic Teacher in preparing learning materials for activities appropriate for infant and toddler children.
- Accompany bus drivers during transportation to ensure the safety of all children.
- Ensure the daily care of every child enrolled by following all program regulations and guidelines.
- Perform other duties assigned by Therapeutic Teacher.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Experience working with infants and toddlers (Birth to 2 years of age).
- Required to enroll in program leading to an Infant Toddler CDA or Associate's degree in Early Childhood Education or within two years of hire.
- Bilingual (English/ Spanish) a plus.
- Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs.
- Full Time.
- Choice of two medical plans.
- Choice of two dental plans.
- Paid leave for vacation, sick, and personal days.
- 13 Paid holidays.
- Agency sponsored 401k retirement plan.
- Early Childhood Education