The Firm Administrator position encompasses a wide range of activities with involvement in administration, personnel, human resources, finances, facilities, and marketing. The Firm Administrator works closely with the Partners on firm-wide policy setting, problem solving and decision making. The person is responsible for planning, organizing, directing and controlling the day-to-day operations of the firm, and for directing the implementation of firm policies.
Qualifications, Requirements, Skills and Attributes
- Broad conceptual judgment, initiative, and ability to deal with complex issues.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills. Ability to get along well with diverse personalities; tactful, mature and flexible.
- Highly detail oriented with ability to focus.
- Able to work independently and self-manage projects.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities and projects.
- Sound administrative skills and well-developed management skills.
- Proven ability to recruit, train, and motivate personnel in order to balance staffing strength with profitability and growth.
- Ability to establish credibility and be decisive, but able to recognize and support the partnership’s preferences and priorities.
- Well-developed communication skills including written and verbal.
- Results and profit-oriented with the ability to balance other business considerations.
- Strong analytical and reasoning abilities.
- Participative management style, advocates team concept.
- High energy level, comfortable performing multifaceted projects in conjunction with normal activities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer literacy, specifically with Word, Outlook, and Excel.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, human resources or the equivalent experience.
- At least three (3) years’ experience in supervising and managing personnel.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Membership in professional organizations such as SHRM and Association for Accounting Administration.
- Experience in a professional services setting in a management or administrative role.
Standard Accounting Practices