Join this industry-leading technology, analytics, and logistics solutions company within the consumer electronics industry with an emphasis in supporting environmental sustainability. This organization supports a $15+B market by focusing on technology rooted in automation, AI, and analytics. They are dedicated to quality, velocity, performance, data security while maintaining environmental standards playing a pivotal role in the global economy.
In this leadership role, you will help others develop their engineering skills while leveraging the advantages of a team environment to create a thriving team. This is an emerging business unit in an established organization where you will be leading a team of full time and external resources who are experts in areas of AI, cloud and mobile development to deliver an outstanding customer experience within a unique digital experience.
You will provide vision while building a team passionate about technology while delivering solutions within a lean process environment tackling hard technical problems by working closely with software engineers, dev-ops, quality engineers, and product management.
- Drive the architecture, direction, and execution of a new platform
- Manage and deliver releases on time using Agile methodology
- Collaborate with Product Owner on requirements and release schedules
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team to deliver an end-to-end solution to customers
- Work across teams to drive the technical roadmap
- Champion development best practices, including the application of design perns, functional programming ideas, reactive programming ideas, code quality, test coverage, etc.
- Provide architecture and engineering input for technical initiatives within the organization
- Evaluate solutions/tools and drive decisions around the use of new or existing software products and tools that lead to enhanced productivity and quality
- Experience building, managing and leading a development group
- Experience building AND delivering a commercial software product that has been delivered to the market
- Hands on technical skills with Java -based web applications and services, Enterprise Service Bus and API gateway technologies, REST, multi-point integrations and business process implementations
- Command of Linux/Windows-based server infrastructure and has worked on Cloud IaaS buildout, automation, scaling and deployment
- Possesses strong development best practices and can train others accordingly – TDD, BDD, Sonar practices, CI, etc.
- Developed excellent code across the entire stack (UI, Services, Data)
- Insurance experience highly preferred
- Start-up experience highly preferred
- Mobile phone experience a plus
- Prefer experience from a mid-sized company
- Microservices preferred
Server (Computer Science)
Behavior Driven Development