Building Automation Systems Programmer
Locaton: Chesapeake, VA
A Temp-Hire position
This opportunity is for an In-House application specific programmer for automated building systems and developing high level analytics and reporting. One to two months training. Working with a mentor to produce a comprehensive application programs, graphics, and associated interface dashboards and tools to create intelligent buildings. Continuous learning and growth within this position.
No travel required, office hours are 8:00 – 5:00. Put your Computer Science Degree to use immediately and build upon it by developing the application programs and following the implementation to actual building control, and customer satisfaction.
• Understand and write application programs for field controllers, to meet customer sequence of operations.
• Create Niagara databases.
• Create analytics algorithms for reporting (creating customer value)
• Expand your knowledge of controlled DDC, HVAC, Security, and various Intelligent Building automated systems.
• Create graphical interfaces (GUI) and applications for unique customer utilization.
• Develop and implement cloud based data and applications
• Identify and define IT requirements that are site specific with personnel and customer IT experts.
• To obtain certifications required by customers; such as Comp TIA, IT security standards certification.
• In house support to Field personnel for installation and check-out of your work.
• Work with Field personnel and Customers to resolve program issues.
• Cost Management, meet project timelines without rework.
• Education or equivalent experience:
1) BS in Computer Science, or related field to meet the requirements of this position, or
2) AAS Computer Science degree, with minimum 2 years ATC / BAS systems programming, or
3) Four plus years ATC / BAS systems programming experience.
• Working knowledge to include:
5) AutoCAD (Visio a plus)
6) Microsoft Office with high proficiency in Excel