Cost Accountant Job Description:
We are seeking a skilled, experienced cost accountant. In this position, you will be responsible for overseeing and analyzing cost expenditures and purchases within the organization. The cost accountant will review existing purchases, record data, recommend new cost-efficient and financially feasible cost options, and oversee purchasing costs.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
· Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field required
· 4+ years' experience in general accounting or cost accounting
· Experience in food manufacturing industry
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
· Prepare monthly journal entries
· Prepare monthly and quarterly accounting reports for submission to management
· Assist the Staff Accountant with suggesting changes to policies or procedures to increase cash flow
· Review rates of depreciation, labor and overhead and suggest policy changes to improve numbers
· Analyze costs of raw materials and other supplies and create cost-benefit analyses for changing vendors
· Preparing cost of goods sold and production reports.
· Implementing cost standards for materials and labor.
Implement Cost Accounting Policy
Perform Cost Estimate
Provide Financial Support