Mitsubishi Electric Power Products, Inc. (MEPPI) is looking for Assembly Technicians to join our team at our Warrendale, PA location for our High Voltage Switchgear Division. Apply now to join the Mitsubishi Electric team to build equipment for our nation's electric grid.
This is a Direct Hire position. No direct experience is needed. Successful candidate(s) will be trained on how to build world-class electrical products & will participate in a formal training program including classroom and on-the-job training. Positions are available on Second, and Third Shifts working in a clean, temperature-controlled environment.
Successful candidate(s) will receive a full benefits package including:
- $300 signing bonus
- $17.87/hour with rate increases at 3, 6 and 12 months
- Shift differential for second and third shifts
- 401(k) with matching contributions
- Profit sharing program
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation & Personal Time
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance options
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Education Assistance
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Volunteer Opportunities
- 24 hour on-site Fitness Center
- On-site MEPPI Cafe
In this role, the incumbent(s) will perform basic mechanical assembly and electrical connection tasks for MEPPI products, and prepare products for electrical and mechanical assembly, testing, and shipment.
- Assemble frames, bushings, and sub-assemblies for circuit breakers, parts orders, etc according to Company specifications, drawings, and work orders.
- Perform “ship prep” work, apply sealant, touch up paint, and wrap breakers, bushings, cabinets, etc.
- Package breakers for shipment.
- Use various hand and power tools correctly and safely to assemble sub-assemblies and products.
- Read and understand technical drawings, mechanical blueprints, and bills of materials.
- Inspect subassemblies and/or assemblies for defects by operating specialized test equipment, measurement devices, and visual checking. Identify and correct defects appropriately.
- Verify use of correct materials by inspection and parts lists; identify and correct process and material defects.
- Complete process check sheets, daily production sheets and other daily reporting and paperwork according to Company procedures.
- High School, GED, plus two years of work experience, or equivalent education and experience.
- Mechanical ability, as demonstrated by the proper use of hand and power tools.
- Applicable safety/operations training required to operate certain machinery and equipment.
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings, mechanical blueprints, and bills of materials.
- Ability to safely and correctly use hand and power tools and measurement devices.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis.
- Ability to inspect sub-assemblies and assemblies.
- Ability to read, write, and follow instructions.
- Ability to judge the quality of sub-assemblies and assemblies produced compared to established standards, drawings, and instructions.
- Ability to operate powered equipment, such as fork truck and overhead crane.
- Ability to climb and work up to 10 feet off the ground for extended periods of time.
- Ability to stand, sit, crawl, squat, kneel, twist, bend, and reach above the shoulders as required to perform essential job functions.
- Ability to work in normal indoor temperatures and occasionally work outdoors for some assembly tasks.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability