Under the direction of Valet/Shuttle Management, the Valet Cashier provides professional front door service to guests, entering and exiting the establishment. Maintains a positive public image while making themselves available and visible to offer greetings, farewells, information, assistance, and other guest services.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides excellent customer service by following company service standards.
- Provides a winning experience for all arriving guest by providing a positive first impression.
- Opens and closes doors for arriving and departing guests.
- Secures and monitors valet vehicles and the valet garage.
- Issues valet parking tickets and conducts cash transactions with guests, while properly handling and securing company revenue.
- Verifies and inputs vehicle information into the computerized valet parking system.
- Maintains a personal bank of $100.00 which is issued by Valet Management.
- Collects/verifies valet revenue and submits monies and supporting documentation to the shift supervisor during and at the end of the shift.
- Assists guests with unloading/loading wheelchairs, walkers or scooters not to exceed 50 lbs.
- Inspects exterior and interior of each vehicle for safety hazards or excessive damage.
- Writes informative notes and vehicle information on valet tickets.
- Directs valet traffic flow to ease congestion.
- Verifies vehicle ownership when guests lose the valet claim ticket.
- Provides operational updates including safety issues/concerns, guest concerns, and vehicle and garage status.
- Assists Valet/Shuttle Management by driving department vehicles to and from offsite locations; including, overflow parking lots, employee parking lots, hotels, vendor sites, guest residences, and office supply stores.
- Assists with Valet Attendant duties.
- Assists with the fueling of department vehicles.
- Maintains performance and production levels that satisfy daily shift parking averages.
- Assists Valet/Shuttle Management with administrative duties; including, filing, stocking supplies, data entry, general housekeeping, and contacting external and internal guests.
- Assists Valet/Shuttle Management with new employee training.
- Performs department operator and dispatch duties.
- Performs traffic and crowd control for guest overflow parking.
- Using mobile enrollment technology that will reduce wait time, enroll new guests automatically, and issues incentive offers without having guests wait in line.
- Perform other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Minimum two (2) years driving experience required.
- Ability to operate both a manual (stick shift) and an automatic transmission required.
- Minimum one (1) year customer service and cash handling experience preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge preferred.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- A qualified candidate/employee must have a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record as determined by the company’s insurance carrier.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!