Sunrise System Inc. is currently looking for Scientist in San Diego, CA with one of our top client.
Job Title: Scientist
Job Id: 19-11419
Location: San Diego, CA 92121
Duration: 12 months
Position Type: Hourly contract Position (W2 only)
- The successful candidate will conduct hands-on laboratory work such as solubility, stability, formulation development for preclinical animal species, solid state characterization, and preliminary salt/polymorph screening to inform the risk in pharmaceutical development of small molecules.
- Formulation development includes vehicle screening, small scale screening for amorphous solid dispersion and Nano suspensions.
- Characterization work includes HPLC/MS, XRD, TGA, DSC, and DLS.
- The scientist will collaborate with Discovery team in San Diego and Development team in Summit, NJ.
- The scientist will participate in the departmental meeting and present on their work on a regular basis.
- This is a hands-on, laboratory-based role in a highly collaborative early development environment.
- B.S., M.S., or PhD in Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences, or related scientific discipline.
- Must have experiences in the pharmaceutical industry in discovery support, and early formulation development.
- Advanced degree preferred.
- Provides direct on-site formulation support to enable efficacy, PK, and toxicology studies for San Diego based discovery groups
- Conducts drug substance physicochemical characterization of NEC's to evaluate the risk in development of small molecules
- Develop chromatography-based methods for assaying small molecule content, related impurities, and degradation products.
- Experiences with chiral LC method development is desired.
- Must have experience with Waters UPLC and Empower software.
- Conducts solubilisation enhancement studies, and supports enabled formulation development (amorphous solid dispersion, Nano formulation, lipid-based formulation) to improve exposure in the preclinical species
- Conduct preliminary salt and polymorph screening
- Maintain equipment, interface with equipment vendors and troubleshoot problems when they occur
- Interface with Discovery team members to design, schedule and execute experiments.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, collaboration and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to document work in electronic notebooks, presentations, reports and procedures.
Direct: 732-313-0243| Email: Chenchukala.A@sunrisesys.com
Direct: (732) 272.0262 | Email: Satya@sunrisesys.com
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 19-11419
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Sunrise Systems was founded in 1990 and has since evolved into a leading professional Services and Solutions firm specializing in the areas of Staffing, Information Technology development and IT Consulting services. With over 20 years of industry experience, we at Sunrise Systems pride ourselves on our flexible engagement models, designed to cater to our client's Staffing, Consulting and Technology needs. Over the years, Sunrise has built a strong talent pool with a wide range of experienced IT professionals. With our proven placement strategy, we offer clients unparalleled project management experience, technical expertise and industry-specific acumen, as well as the right professionals to fit any unique company culture.
View the full profile
At Sunrise, we have always believed that business should be personal. That’s why we have developed flexible engagement models that allow our clients to set the parameters of their software development projects. We work hard to accommodate tight budget constraints and are mindful of short timelines. Moreover, our customizable products strive to meet the specific needs of our clients, eliminating any notion of a one-size-fits-all software solution. Our client-focused operations are strengthened by our ability to perform services either at the customer site or at one of our technology centers. We leverage our offshore and onshore development capabilities as we strive to meet and exceed customer specific requirements.
No matter the challenge or the industry, Sunrise Systems has the experience, talent, and dedication to provide the right solution for your business.