To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Tempe, AZ
- Phone: 602-595-9900
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Accountant - Retail
VincentBenjamin • Tempe, AZ
Posted 2 months ago
In short, as a Senior Accountant, you will be responsible for understanding highly specialized accounting concepts required to maintain the general ledger, supporting subsidiary ledgers and ensuring compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). You will be responsible for preparation and recording of complex journal entries and schedules, highly involved in year-end budgeting process and assist in coordinating and supervision of the activities of the accounting staff. The supervisory role will include the review of complex issues and general reconciliations with an emphasis on the ability to manage the planning, performance, presentation and completion of special projects.
- Leading the month-end close process
- Reviewing and approve staff reconciliations and journal entries
- Preparing journal entries and reconciliations of complex schedules
- Performing budget to actual analysis and variance explanations
- Analyzing and report on profitability for business segments
- Performing monthly financial forecasts and develop budgets
- Assisting in preparation and communication of management reports
- Assisting in documentation of multifaceted accounting issues and conclusions thereon
- Reviewing and analyze inputs/outputs from significant accounting models
- Opening the lines of communication with Managers, Managing Directors of Accounting, and Upper Management
- Supporting external and internal auditors with quarterly reviews and annual audits
- Evaluating and improving upon existing accounting policies, reports and reconciliations
- Researching, analyzing and documenting conclusions on new accounting policies
- Bachelor's degree in accounting.
- 3-4 years’ overall experience in accounting.
- Strong general understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Advanced Excel skills.