The ideal candidate will have 2+ years` experience in operating and tending to furnaces. Candidates with machine operation background or experience will be considered.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Read production schedules and work orders to determine processing sequences, furnace temperatures, and heat cycle requirements for raw materials to be heat-treated.
- Load up to 1000kg of ingots into containers and place containers on crane to be inserted into furnaces to melt.
- Furnace operator duties include weighing out metal ingots and scrap metal, loading metal into furnaces and using controls to regulate fuel and airflow to the furnace, monitoring coolant, controlling furnace temperature and tending to other duties as needed. This position spends most of their time working alongside others at the mill to monitor the conditions of the furnace and oversee multiple operations.
- Record operational or production data.
- Scrape and remove splattered metal pieces stuck on or around the furnace.
- Operate a hoist crane with capacity to transport and load up to 2 tons of material.
- Maintain and operate various types of equipment.
- Test a sample power by using measuring equipment to meet the specification.
- Package finished product, metal powder, to prepare for shipment and attach appropriate labels and tags to each bag.
- Repair, replace, and maintain furnace equipment as needed, using hand tools.
- Perform scheduled maintenance of each equipment.
- Collect splattered metals and put them into the re-melting furnace to remove impurity.
- Perform scheduled `5S` to maintain a clean, organized and safe work area.
- Perform production related data entry and generate various reports.
- Develop and maintain replacement parts list according to schedule.
- Seek constant improvement, more efficient and less expensive ways and means in work processes.
- Perform special projects and other miscellaneous duties as assigned by management.
- Maintain high ethical standards in the workplace.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Previous experience working with heat-treating furnaces.
- Certified forklift operator.
- Valid driver`s license.
- Basic math skills.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and experience with an ERP system, i.e., SAP, Oracle, MS Dynamics.
- Must be able to spend most of the time in a sweltering room moving and picking up metal scraps.
- Must have general excellent health, physical strength and dexterity and ability to meet all physical demands of the job.
- Ability to work in an environment that occasionally gets very hot, cold and loud.
- Must be able to read and speak English.
- Health Insurance:
- Monarch full time employees are eligible for health insurance. There are two plans from which to choose. Offering one of the largest PPO Health Care Insurance Companies within Illinois with deductibles as low as $1000.
- Eligible the 1st of the month after 30 days of employment.
- Also available to Monarch Employees:
- Dental Insurance - Guardian
- Vision Insurance - Guardian VSP
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Paid Holidays:
- 6 Paid Holidays
- Eligible after 30 days of employment.
- Employees must work the scheduled day before and after the holiday in order to receive pay.
- Referral Bonus:
- We will pay you a $500 referral bonus for anyone you refer to us, after they have worked 90 calendar days. *IRS W9 Form may be required*
Why Monarch Technical Services?
Since 1987, Monarch Technical is a full-service technical recruiting firm, providing placement services for the manufacturing, warehouse, and industrial industries throughout the Greater Chicagoland area. Our office is located in Rolling Meadows, IL in Chicago’s Northwest Suburbs.
Monarch Technical has been a premiere manufacturing job placement service for the last 3 decades. Our technical areas include CNC Machining, Manual Machining, Electro / Mechanical Technicians, Designing, CAD/CAM, CNC Programming, QC Inspection, Engineering, Welding, Fabrication, Secondary Operations, Warehouse, Sales, Management, Office Personnel, and other Manufacturing Support.
“Recruiting Top Talent for Top Companies” is our business.
When applying, please refer to Job ID #16577
PLEASE LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY