A Registered Nurse contributes to the success of Argus by promoting, providing, and maintaining the quality of service to clients in their homes in alignment with Argus' core values. This role serves as a liaison between our agency, clients and other agencies in the community regarding patient care and coordination matters. Admits patients onto service. Responsible for managing all aspects of the department assigned.
- Participates in on-call duties as defined by the on-call policy.
- Actively participates in Quality Management program.
- Ensures that arrangements for equipment and other necessary items and services are available.
- Responsible for continuous review of all aspects of every patient on his/her caseload to include: appropriate utilization of services; ensuring continued skilled need; monitoring of homebound status; review of documentation in the medical record; maintenance of interdisciplinary communication and discharge planning.
- Completes an initial assessment of patient and family to determine home care needs. Provides a complete physical assessment and history of current and previous illness(es). Admits to appropriate level of service/ care.
- Uses health assessment data to determine nursing diagnosis.
- Initiates the plan of care and makes necessary revisions as patient status and needs change.
- Develops a care plan, which establishes goals based on nursing diagnosis and incorporates therapeutic, preventive, and rehabilitative nursing actions. Includes the patient and the family in the planning process.
- Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures. Administers medications and treatments as prescribed by the physician.
- Provides supervision of LPN’s and home health aides per standard and regulatory requirements.
- Responsible to reassess the patient within 24 hours following a change in condition or discharge from an inpatient setting. Case manager should be the first RN to visit the patient status post hospitalization; updates the plan of care.
- Identifies discharge planning needs as part of the care plan development and implements prior to discharge of the patient.
- Knowledge of state, federal, and local regulations for the delivery of home health services.
- Prepares clinical notes and updates the primary physician when necessary and at least every sixty days.
- Communicates with the physician regarding the patient’s needs and reports and changes in the patient’s condition; obtains/receives physician’s orders as required.
- Communicates on a regular basis with the team and the area team leader.
- Teaches the patient and family/ caregiver self-care techniques as appropriate provides medication, diet and other instructions as ordered by the physician. Recognizes and utilizes opportunities for health counseling with patients and families/ caregivers.
Argus Home Health Care
Argus is about Quality of Service, Personal Responsibility, Honesty, Respect, and Enjoying Work. We are one of the largest Home Health agencies in Colorado, but our focus is to keep our culture of a family where everyone cares for one another regardless of how many people we have working at Argus. I encourage you to check out our website to find out more information on us: