Machines : Hayssen, Cyclone, Rovema
Summary of Job Description
• Complies with all safety rules and regulations in order to maintain a safe work environment.
• Identifies safety hazards within the area and submits findings to Supervisor or Production Manager.
• Communicates with the Supervisor on issues that affect the efficiency of the packaging machine and label printing equipment operations.
• This includes but is not limited to equipment malfunctions, film irregularities, product availability, product/line changes, and quality defects.
• Maintains packaging equipment and keeps surrounding area clean and organized.
• Audits condition of the packaging equipment and writes work orders to correct any problems.
• Submits work orders to Supervisor.
• Operates packaging equipment in an efficient manner to increase production, reduce rework, and minimize downtime.
• Follows Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
• Keeping the machine clean at all times.
• Continually test for seal integrity
• Maintain the proper gas, and gas levels according to specifications.
• Responsible for following the instructions for the line including regular line checks and completion of proper documentation.
• Must know how to operate electric sit down forklift.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other associates of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms.
The associate frequently is required to climb or balance. The associate is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate regularly works near moving mechanical parts and is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, The noise level in the work environment is usually loud and cold.