To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Lynchburg, VA
- Kirsten Vest
- Phone: 540-745-4216 x4010
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Direct Support Professional (DSP)
Wall Residences • Lynchburg, VA
Posted 2 days ago
Direct Support Professional (DSP) Job
Wall Residences provides high-quality residential and community services to individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities. We are currently seeking full-time and part-time, experienced Direct Support Professionals for work either in our group home or with WRAP (Wall Residences Activities Program) in the greater Lynchburg, VA area which also includes Amherst, Madison Heights, and Forest.
The group home openings are 1st or 2nd shift while the WRAP positions are 1st shift. Candidates should have high professionalism, be proactive, and understand and respect healthy boundaries. In addition, the candidates should have experience with providing exceptional behavioral and person-centered supports, and possess good communication and computer skills. Candidates with current CPR, First Aid, Medication Management, Medicaid Waiver Training, and/or CNA training is a plus.
DUTIES OF POSITION:
- Directly provide support services to individual(s) in their home, a group home, or in community settings. This includes completion of training for short-term objectives and assistance activities listed in the client's service plan.
- Complete documentation for program implementation, medication administration and to report on activities and unusual conditions or events per Wall Residences policy and procedure and State and Federal regulations.
- Participate in training activities and organizational meetings as required.
- Other work duties as needed or assigned.
Wall Residences employees are mandated reporters of abuse and neglect for individuals with disabilities.
Wall Residences is an EOE/M/F/D/V employer and a Drug-Free Workplace
Hiring is dependent on references, an active driver's license with a good driving record, and an acceptable criminal background check.