Combine your faith with your career at EWTN!
LOCATION: Irondale, AL(Birmingham) - not remote eligible
The On-Air Graphic Designer works with the Creative Services Director on the design of Graphic packages for production including: animated opening sequences, title designs, name keys, end bumpers, and other elements depending on needs of the project. Also design of printed materials to support production and promotions. Coordinates with the Creative Services Director, Producer, and Editor to design and oversee productions are within guidelines of project, as well as sensitive, to the mission of the Network.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Concept and design animated graphics packages for productions, promotions, or any other assigned project. Package usually includes: opening sequence with typography design, bumps, credit bed, name bar, full screen graphics page, and bug.
- Ability to incorporate creative elements quickly, which enhance and are sensitive to the mission of the Network.
- Communicates concepts through storyboards for approvals before project starts.
- Familiarity with stock footage or photography in our library and stock footage or photos for purchase to utilize in project.
- Provide information & elements to Editor assigned to the project
- Setup and operate live show and live-to-tape Computer Graphics for weekly live productions, series and special events.
- Design materials for printed use on sets, collateral or Home Video designs.
- Takes direction from Creative Director on look of design and projects, daily priorities and scheduling of projects.
- Organizes arrangements as necessary to shoot video in collaboration with Production Coordinator & Producer.
- Organize, archive, and maintain all files for projects. Complete paperwork to close job in a timely manner.
- Dependability and consistency to take responsibility for all facets of a project from start to finish.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in design, digital arts or related field.
- Proven experience with Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe After Effects and typography design
- Proficient with Macintosh.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Capable of communicating and executing a concept quickly.
- Ability to adjust to the production schedules and deadlines including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Adept in learning new workflows, software and techniques; desire and ability to remain current on new technologies and software products and applications.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Organized with keen sense of detail, flexible and ability to makes adjustments quickly and with ease, follows directions
- Ability and willingness to travel as required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Catholic faith and the EWTN mission.
- Experience in broadcast or cable TV
- Knowledge of Cinema 4D or other animation or 3D software a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fine Arts or Graphic Design, or equivalent work experience.
Benefits: Medical, dental, FSA, vision care, life insurance, short & long term disability, 403(b) retirement plan with employer match, CDU Educational assistance, paid time off, and 10 paid holidays. EOE
Please submit cover letter including salary requirements and resume via email for consideration.
To learn more about EWTN and our mission, please visit our website at www.ewtn.com.
Create Graphic Design
Create Digital Design
Provide Design Solution
Develop Creative Concept
Create Aesthetic Visualization