The Systems Engineer II researches, implements, operates, and secures systems that support infrastructure, and information security. Performs system architecture and design, system administration, and system security. Builds and maintains servers and integrates with departmental systems. Following UCF IT ITIL processes, responds to service tickets within the teams response schedule to support UCF IT and UCF customers. Communicates and collaborates with supervisor, subordinates, and peers in the management of infrastructure, applications, network, and security to ensure successful service delivery.
SYSTEMS ENGINEER II
Job #: 500252
Open Date: April 16, 2021
Closing Date: Open until filled
Annual Salary: Negotiable
Bachelor's or Master's degree and 2+ years of relevant experience.
- Prefer good communication skills and team collaboration skills. This position is part of a team and needs to work well with other team members who are working both remote and on-campus.
- Experience with Linux and/or Windows server administration and management. Experience with tools for software deployment and management, following departmental standard practices.
- Prefer experience with scripting software and enterprise tools (Ansible, PowerShell, Jenkins) to automate system administration tasks and improve IT processes.
- Prefer experience with enterprise backup software for client and server issues, perform software updates as needed.
- Prefer experience with maintaining and supporting software tools to manage Linux or Windows platforms; and build configurations as needed for business process support like quarterly patching.
Please Note: Applicants MUST apply through [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to SYSTEMS ENGINEER II . No paper applications, resumes, cover letters or emails will be accepted or considered for this position. Cover letters, resumes, and other documents can be attached through the [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to SYSTEMS ENGINEER II website.
Your assistance with the University of Central Florida’s Affirmative Action Plan implementation is appreciated. The University collects VOLUNTARY declarations of race and gender and uses the information to compile statistics on recruitment success. If you choose to assist, your demographic information will be used only for affirmative action.
The University of Central Florida is an equal opportunity, equal access, and affirmative action employer.
Windows Power Shell