ABOUT THE COMPANY
Our client is looking to add a Collections Specialist to the accounting team. The company has an immediate need and would like someone who can hit the ground running in collections. Great training and strong mentoring by the accounting team is to be expected.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE COLLECTIONS SPECIALIST
The Collections Specialist manages a specific portfolio of accounts; utilizing phone calls, emails, and interpersonal communications to insure that Accounts Receivable are collected in accordance with standardized metrics and DSO.
- Make regularly scheduled collection calls when accounts become delinquent (invoices aged beyond 30 days)
- Maintain a good follow up system to insure promises to pay are met and accounts are not neglected.
- Annotate accounts from all calls so that a history is maintained for all accounts regarding collections efforts.
- Review over payments and short payments and resolve in a timely manner by requesting a credit memo or issuing a refund.
- Prepare write – offs according to the department and company policies and procedures.
EXPERIENCE PREFERRED FOR THE COLLECTIONS COORDINATOR ROLE:
- 3+ years of B2B Collections in fast paced, high volume environment.
- Ability to positively and effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Commitment to excellence in customer service.
- Proven successful results, in meeting or exceeding established collections goals resulting in a reduction of DSO and Bad Debt.
- Display effective interpersonal skills with all levels of employees.
- Highly organized and detail oriented with the ability to prioritize multiple and changing responsibilities.
- Strong integrity and work ethic are critical; as is the ability to have fun and work in an engaging, highly collaborative team environment.
- Strong Excel skills, Microsoft Word, Outlook.
- Experience with various collections software platforms
Maintain Indexed Record