Create a Job Alert.Enter your email below to save this search and receive job recommendations for similar positions.
You’re being taken to an external site to apply.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Manufacturing Technician I
- Operate automated equipment used to perform and produce biological assays and/or reagents
- Contribute to process improvement, assay and process development for manufacturing
- Complete appropriate documentation to support process and production procedures including data capture, forms, logbooks, and inventory batch records
- Daily maintenance and documentation of all production equipment
- Participation in general laboratory maintenance including maintaining laboratory cleanliness, supplies and equipment
- Maintain physical inventory by processing/aliquotting/vialing/labeling materials.
- Prepare, maintain and report raw material, reagent and/or coated plate inventories.
- Participate in year-end physical inventory
- Follow laboratory safety precautions and use of personal protective equipment
- May manufacture custom and/or prototype requests for customers
- May occasionally handle BSL2 reagents
- Specific duties may vary depending upon departmental requirements
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School diploma required
- A degree in Biology, Chemistry, Biotechnology, Engineering or related field is preferred
- Prior manufacturing experience a plus.
- Experience with MRP/ERP and JDE systems is preferred
Experience with cGMP and/or ISO certification is highly preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Aptitude for learning and adhering to standard laboratory techniques and safety precautions
- Understand scientific fundamentals and analytical background
- Ability to learn additional software applications/tools
- Mechanical aptitude including equipment troubleshooting
- Excellent oral, written communication and interpersonal skills
- Effectively communicate issues/problems and results that impact timelines, accuracy and reliability of data
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Ability to multi-task and work productively in a demanding manufacturing environment with changing priorities
- This position requires the ability to communicate and exchange information, utilize equipment necessary to perform the job, and frequent lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Up to 80% of the day may be spent at a lab bench and/or in the cleanroom
Standard industrial manufacturing, logistics and/or cleanroom environment