● High School Diploma required or GED equivalent; prefer Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in human services or related course of study.
● New Jersey Certified Supported Employment Specialist via Rutgers University-Boggs Center
Experience: Minimum 1 year of experience working with individuals with autism or other developmentally disabled individuals in a vocational or employment setting; valid drivers’ license required with record in good standing.
● Ability to sit, stand, bend, squat, kneel, stretch, stoop, and/or reach above shoulder level for extended periods of time (up to 30 minutes).
● Vision requirements to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
● Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
● Ability to pass and maintain Professional Crisis Management (PCM) certification at a P2 level on an annual basis, including implementation of all strategies and techniques.
● Ability to move or be moved freely and quickly to ensure the safety of students/participants at all times.
Specialized Skills and Knowledge
● Sound working knowledge of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) and Supported Employment Development.
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to read, write, and comprehend simple instructions and correspondence.
● Commitment to providing excellent customer service on a consistent basis.
● Basic math skills including: addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
● Ability to effectively interact with individuals and groups, both internally and externally, in order to achieve desired results.
● Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
● Ability to implement physical techniques including personal control, crisis, and restrictive procedures as trained; may be required to provide physical assistance and/or prompting to an individual.
● Beginner to intermediate proficiency in MS Office including Word and Excel.
Eden offers a comprehensive salary and well-rounded benefits package including medical and dental, life insurance, disability insurance, retirement savings, paid time off, and more.
The qualified candidate must successfully complete a background check, including criminal check and fingerprinting, mandatory drug testing, motor vehicle check, reference checks, and completion of a medical/ health physical and Mantoux test.
Eden is an Equal Opportunity Employer