You’re being taken to an external site to apply.
● High School Diploma required or GED equivalent; prefer Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in human services or related course of study.
● New Jersey Certified Supported Employment Specialist via Rutgers University-Boggs Center
Experience: Minimum 1 year of experience working with individuals with autism or other developmentally disabled individuals in a vocational or employment setting; valid drivers’ license required with record in good standing.
● Ability to sit, stand, bend, squat, kneel, stretch, stoop, and/or reach above shoulder level for extended periods of time (up to 30 minutes).
● Vision requirements to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
● Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
● Ability to pass and maintain Professional Crisis Management (PCM) certification at a P2 level on an annual basis, including implementation of all strategies and techniques.
● Ability to move or be moved freely and quickly to ensure the safety of students/participants at all times.
Specialized Skills and Knowledge
● Sound working knowledge of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) and Supported Employment Development.
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to read, write, and comprehend simple instructions and correspondence.
● Commitment to providing excellent customer service on a consistent basis.
● Basic math skills including: addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
● Ability to effectively interact with individuals and groups, both internally and externally, in order to achieve desired results.
● Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
● Ability to implement physical techniques including personal control, crisis, and restrictive procedures as trained; may be required to provide physical assistance and/or prompting to an individual.
● Beginner to intermediate proficiency in MS Office including Word and Excel.
Eden offers a comprehensive salary and well-rounded benefits package including medical and dental, life insurance, disability insurance, retirement savings, paid time off, and more.
The qualified candidate must successfully complete a background check, including criminal check and fingerprinting, mandatory drug testing, motor vehicle check, reference checks, and completion of a medical/ health physical and Mantoux test.
We adhere to CDC guidelines. Employees are required to wear a mask as needed based on COVID cases, as well as must complete a health questionnaire and have their temperature taken daily. We require strict adherence to all sanitation guidelines including frequent handwashing and six (6) feet social distancing.
Vaccine Mandate: Governor Murphy’s Executive Order No. 283 requires employees who work in a covered setting provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination and booster doses. The "covered settings" listed in the Governor's Executive Order include all of Eden's residences and day programs. Therefore, documentation of vaccine status must be provided to Human Resources; if you are unvaccinated, you must obtain your first dose of the primary series of COVID-19 vaccine within 30 days of your hire date.
If you are already vaccinated, you must provide documented proof that you are up to date with your COVID-19 vaccination, including receiving a booster shot. That means that you must have both vaccines (Pfizer or Moderna) and your booster dose five (5) months later, or the single dose J&J vaccine and your booster dose two (2) months later.
This requirement is not intended to interfere with one’s rights under the Americans with Disabilities Act or Title VII of the Civil Rights Act.
Required: Cover Letter
Eden is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Get hired before June 30, 2022 and receive a $500 bonus* after 90 days of employment!
Apply to find out more!
*based on eligibility requirements