To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Houston, TX
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Clayton Services • Houston, TX
Posted 8 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Clayton Services has partnered up with a thriving Houston CPA firm who is seeking a qualified, experienced individual for a Staff Accountant (Tax) direct-hire position at a valued client inside the loop (Houston, TX 77008). The Staff Accountant should be a highly motivated self-starter with the ability to multitask and complete assignments within time constraints and deadlines; have demonstrated ability in planning and organizing (bookkeeping); and must thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment while managing shifting priorities.
Responsibilities of Staff Accountant:
- Preparation of federal and state tax returns for individuals and businesses.
- Assist clients with estimated tax projections and planning
- Prepare complex tax returns and implement tax planning strategies, communicate with clients regularly during the preparation of compilations and business analysis.
- Assist clients by monitoring their accounting activity; coordinating the collection, consolidation, and evaluation of financial data; preparing special reports.
- Assist with special projects and accounting analysis on a client by client basis.
- Tax research (as needed)
- Review and preparation of journal entries as for month end close, perform account reconciliations
- Apply tax foundational knowledge to understand potential tax issues, gathering client information necessary for filing.
- Recognize and communicate potential risks with staff and clients
- Utilize tax software applications to prepare and process filings.
- Act as liaison between clients and third parties
Qualifications of Staff Accountant:
- 3-5 years experience in public accounting or corporate accounting dealing with financial statements, month-end closing, tax/bookkeeping analysis -OR- combination of college level education and experience is acceptable
- Experience with tax software (Ultratax / Thomson Reuters, CCH (ProSystem fx) Tax, QuickBooks) highly preferred
- Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and knowledge of Statutory Accounting Principles.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy required.
- Proficiency in Excel (and Microsoft Office Suite)
- Strong interpersonal skills & demonstrated soft skills
- Excellent written / verbal communication
Staff Accountant - This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing Houston CPA firm with a great company culture, great benefits and very low turnover. This position is paying $55,000-75,000 depending upon experience. If you have the required qualifications, apply today!