Ever dream of doing work that makes a difference? Here it is! We seek the talent of a dedicated Credit Manager who seeks to bring their A game to a collaborative team of talented professionals. You are not afraid to make impact where your diligence matters in a company that has a masterful, mature history that operates as best-in-class. Yes, we’re dynamic and we know it. Come join a company built on grit and excellence.
As CREDIT MANAGER you will be responsible for the overall management of the credit department, which includes developing and meeting operational goals of the department, as well as the staffing, training and development of staff. This position makes decisions concerning credit limits appropriate for customers and jobs, acceptable levels of risk and terms of payment for customers. Additionally, this position manages the process of controlling and collecting payments from customers, makes recommendation for credit policies that will improve revenues and reduce financial risk, and manages the credit, accounts receivable, and receptionist staff some of who among other duties conduct credit calls, investigations, and collection of delinquent accounts through superior customer service. This position is located in New Lenox, IL, a southwest suburb of Chicago conveniently located near major expressways.
Let’s Unpack This – Who are we?
We are Munch's Supply, the leading wholesale distributor of Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) equipment, parts and supplies servicing the Chicago, Northwest Indiana and Michigan markets at 18 branch locations. But that’s not all - Through acquisition, we also operate in 6 more Midwestern states. And, if that’s not enough, we most recently added the Tommark brand in Michigan last year with 5 more branches. We’re on a roll, and there’s no stopping us now! The ideal candidate has notable credit management experience and the proven ability to lead a team of collectors. We are a customer driven formerly family owned business who aligns their credit operations with business goals along with solid customer relationships.
Started in 1956, the business has grown into a premier American Standard and Trane distributorship in the Midwest earning the Trane Pacesetter Award in 2012 and 2014 and the American Standard Pinnacle Award in 2013. We proudly represent products from more than 100 leading industry manufacturers with 8000 SKUs in our full assortment. In 2015, HARDI, Supply House Times and The Wholesaler ranked Munch's in the top 30 HVAC distributors nationwide. Our commitment to service also extends to our communities. In addition to an annual food drive at our branches each fall, we are also a proud supporter of St. Jude Children's Hospital. Each year, employees and their families participate in the St. Jude Walk/Run to end childhood cancer. Working as a team, in 2015, Munch's raised more than $10,300--marking our second year in a row as the top Trane team.
What’s in it for You?
A nice competitive wage for sure! On your first day, you’ll be eligible for a host of health benefits that include medical, vision, dental and life with AD&D insurance. We also offer short and long-term disability as well as voluntary life & AD&D coverage for yourself, spouse and children. Eligibility for the company's retirement savings plan (401k) is on the first of the month following 60 days of employment. And, if that’s not enough, you’ll accrue for paid time off and vacation at a rate equal to 2 weeks in your first year. You’ll have paid holidays, some holiday eve free time, a great employee discount, employee assistance program, casual dress code, company paid dress swag, summer work hours, and much more!
Easy & Convenient Location!
We’re just off the I-80 at Rte 30 at 1901 Ferro Drive in New Lenox, IL.
What You’ll Be Doing
· Your role as Credit Manger– Provides excellent customer service through timely customer interaction, problem resolution or escalation with effective and efficient follow-up.
Trains and coaches credit staff to provide excellent customer service through effective credit conversations and collections efforts.
· Supports valued business relationships in all dealings with related departments aiming to resolve customer and other issues in a timely manner.
· Management of staff including leading by example, conducting staff meetings and following company policies and procedures.
· Oversee the credit application approval process, managing the team coverage of accounts for workload balance.
· Manages all collection efforts and develops payment programs to minimize loss.
· Develop and report on credit monthly metrics.
· Evaluate need to use pre-lien and lien laws.
· Develop and maintain collection policies.
· Pursue collections and serve as escalation point for collection activities of staff.
· Conduct credit analysis and report findings and recommendations to management.
· Monitors A/R portfolio for trends and warning signs.
· Obtains security interests including letters of credit, guarantees, when necessary.
· Initiate legal action for recovery of delinquent accounts as necessary.
· Assess the performance of collection vendors and take appropriate action
- High School diploma or its GED equivalent and a Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, business or related field or its equivalent in related work experience.
- 5-10 years’ experience with credit, accounting and related functions preferred.
- High degree of personal ethics, customer service, and commitment to safety.
- Knowledge of MS Office applications as needed to satisfactorily perform work assignments – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint as well as have the ability to learn company enterprise systems as needed – Solar Eclipse, etc.
Apply here or submit your resume in strict confidence to our Human Resources team (firstname.lastname@example.org) for immediate confidential review.