Who we are...
Founded in 1911, Blick Art Materials is in its third generation of family ownership, and is the largest and oldest provider of art supplies in the United States.
At Blick Art Materials, our family owners and dedicated staff support the Visual Art Community by providing the widest selection of art supplies at the lowest prices. With extraordinary service and integrity, we strive to provide artists, educators, students, and our employees with the tools, assistance, and training they need to grow, innovate, and reach their creative potential.
Oversee and maintain accurate bi-weekly payroll processing and payments to associates. Maintain business relations with the outsourced payroll service provider. Oversee web based payroll and time system for entire organization (including daily, quarterly, and yearly maintenance, updates, and additions). Responsible for the processing of any and all payroll changes in the system, including but not limited to new hires, terminations, address changes and pay rate/job title changes. Oversee payroll tax related issues, including but not limited to unemployment rate changes, tax notices, and new tax filings. Maintain Excel spreadsheets necessary for processing bonuses and other payroll related needs.
• Maintenance of the payroll system, including but not limited to, updating holidays, annual payroll schedules, HR records, pay and punch policies, roles, payroll tax information.
• Processing of bi-weekly payroll through web based payroll system. Verify that computing, withholding, and deductions associated with net pay is done properly.
• Organize and review forms associated with federal, state, and local authorities, such as W-2s.
• Oversee the distribution of paychecks and verify direct deposit fund transfer.
• Ensure payroll records are updated and report on any matters of interest.
• Familiarity with the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Ongoing research and education to stay current on any changing laws.
• Prepare internal payroll reports, including a biweekly check detail report.
• Maintain payroll tax records and correspondences, keeping them current and in compliance.
• Extensive work in Excel spreadsheets which are used to prepare bonuses, balance payroll etc.
• Maintain internal associate records and reports in two different systems.
• Use judgment when correcting payroll errors and determine when manual checks are needed.
• Review own and others work for exactness, neatness, and conformance to policies and procedures, be prepared to explain and walk through your work with multiple levels of associates in the company from explaining a payroll deduction to an hourly associate to explaining year end summary files to the CFO.
• Address errors and complaints of associates and customers in efficient and prudent manner.
• Provide support and training to new associates, Managers, related departments such as Finance, and HR as needed.
• Use effective communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills to promote positive group operations and relationship.
• Maintain positive and cooperative relations with other departments, including store personnel and distribution center associates, and with outside vendors as necessary to ensure efficient, safe, and quality operations.
• Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
• A two year associate degree in accounting, and/or professional payroll certification.
• Two years’ experience in payroll or related field.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, and Outlook.
• Preferred - Prior experience with Dayforce HCM.
• Must – Prior experience with web based payroll system.
• Effective decision making skills.
• Short, median and long range planning ability.
• Ability to prioritize and quickly change between tasks as new information is available.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with others.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.