To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
2284 12th Avenue
New York, NY 10027
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
IT Store Support Technicican
Fairway Market • New York, NY
Posted 3 months ago
Role and Responsibilities:
Fairway Market wants to ensure that all of our customers are receiving the best shopping experience each time they walk into our store. The IT Support Technician is an integral part of the Fairway Market experience. As an IT Support Technician, you will provide technology support to all Fairway locations (i.e. Stores, Facilities, Warehouses, Corporate).
The following are role and responsibilities of the IT Support Technician:
• Support of Information Systems at the Helpdesk for all Fairway Market locations including all infrastructure architecture, cabling, networking, desktop computers, peripherals, POS systems (registers, scales, etc.), credit card machines. Assist IT Corporate and Store needs on both a day to day level and strategic level
• Addressing all user and management technology issues via hardware and software, troubleshooting and resolving these issues
• Installing software, patches, and updates
• Assist in the maintenance and testing of network and strategic initiatives
• Travel to all Fairway Locations as required.
• Compliance Initiatives (i.e. PCI, SOX)
• Works with vendor support contacts to resolve technical problems with computing equipment and software.
• Perform daily IT tasks/routines as described in Job Scheduling
• Engage and manage special projects as needed
• Proactively engage customers, promote product and sales, build customer relationships, and provide G.R.E.A.T. customer service that encourage customer loyalty and add value to the Fairway brand.
• Work collaboratively with fellow employees and managers and recognize teamwork and diversity throughout the store to resolve conflicts respectfully and in a timely manner.
• Maintain a strong time and attendance record to ensure the smooth flow of departmental operations.
• Conform to Fairway’s policy and maintain a professional appearance at work.
• Adhere to all department-related and company-related work rules and policies while upholding Fairway’s core values of integrity, respect and excellence.
• Perform miscellaneous roles assigned by management that would help the team on an as-needed basis.
• Recognize and seek opportunities for continuous learning. Supply feedback to help improve operations.
Skills and Qualifications:
Candidates who apply for the IT Support Technician position must possess the following:
• 2+ years of working in IT field or relevant certifications (such as A+ or Network+) or education are required.
• Mac and PC hardware, Printers, scanners, computer peripherals, Mobile devices (iOS, Android).
• Strong understanding of Windows Operating Systems and Networking.
• Experience of supporting Point of Sale systems.
• Working knowledge of help desk software and remote control software is a plus.
• Excellent Customer Service Skills and Professionalism.
• MUST have valid driver’s license and reliable transportation to be able to travel to Fairway locations as needed.
• Ability to work in a cramped, noisy, chaotic, open-desk environment.
• Ability to prioritize tasks, multi-task, balance friendliness with efficiency, and maintain focus.
• Must have a flexible work schedule.
• Team Player ‘can do’ attitude.
• Provide effective communication regarding technical strategies, issues, objectives, and initiatives.
• Excellent problem solving and interpersonal communication skills.
• Effective communication skills and ability to read, write and comprehend English
• Availability to work weekends, holidays, and other prime times of the business.
• Must be at least 18 years of age to work in the department