To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Jenkintown, PA 19046
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
21ST Century Staffing • Jenkintown, PA
Posted 7 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
This position has accountability for leading assigned aspects of Safety, Environmental, & Health programs and compliance activities. The Safety Engineer is responsible for developing, implementing, executing, monitoring, and auditing of EHS initiatives to ensure EHS compliance and continuously improve EHS performance. This position works directly with managers, supervisors, leads and employees across all production and office departments.
Essential Function/ Other Functions
Primary Functional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Develop, implement, and maintain all written EH&S programs and policies in accordance with Federal, State and Local and/or corporate standards and in compliance with applicable laws.
· Develop, implement, coordinate and perform EH&S training.
· Provide technical EH&S support and information to required personnel.
· Administrate the emergency response teams (medical, has mat and fire)
· Participate in process reviews (such as process hazard analyses, etc.)
· Support plant engineering to implement engineering controls to minimize safety and occupational health hazards.
· Manage and maintain PPE (personal protective equipment) requirements.
· Promote safety and health awareness through internal company memoranda, newsletters, and/or specific training programs.
· Serve on various EH&S related committees.
· Develop, implement, and manage Federal and State required reports (OSHA logs etc)
· Understand Federal and State (Pennsylvania) occupational safety, health and environmental regulations and monitor regulatory changes as they occur. Advise manufacturing plants and corporate staff of regulatory changes to ensure timely compliance.
· Periodically audit practices and records of facilities to ensure compliance with company programs and Federal/State occupational safety and health regulations.
· Manage near-miss incidents, lost-time injuries or illnesses, and work with injured workers, TPA, and clinic to manage Worker's Compensation Claims.
· Review injury/illness and non-injury incident investigation reports and follow-up as necessary.
· Commitment to continuous improvement to comply with ISO 9001:2000 and any other management standard.
· Assist with the preparation and implementation of all environmental permits, reports, training and related requirements.
· Interact with regulatory agencies, management, and other personnel to ensure EHS requirements and programs are fully integrated and effective.
· Participate or lead working teams in the development and continuous improvement of EHS programs and strategy.
Qualified candidates have the following:
1. Bachelor's degree in safety science, industrial engineering, or industrial hygiene, or Bachelor's degree in related field with EHS experience (3 years+).
Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
· Working knowledge of applicable environmental, health and safety standards.
· Ability to write regulatory reports and to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
· Skill in auditing/inspecting operations and company procedures.
· Demonstrated ability to develop and implement effective EHS strategies and management systems.
· Previous working knowledge and management of workers compensation.
· Outstanding Microsoft Office skills, especially Excel
· Time management and organizational skills
· Ability to interpret regulations and develop programs and methods to implement compliance programs.
· Ability to effectively present information to and work effectively with employees at all levels of the organization.
· Must have the knowledge, skill, and ability to meet expectations for required competencies in position, which includes: 1) safety, health, and environmental awareness, 2) business ethics and compliance, 3) technical/professional competence and quality & time management, 4) interpersonal relations and communication skills, 5) initiative, flexibility, innovation, and adaptability, 6) continuous improvement and problem solving, and 7) planning and organizing.
Our organization has a responsibility to comply with all applicable requirements set forth by International Traffic Arms Regulations (“ITAR”, 22 CFR 120-130). As such, this position may have access to ITAR controlled information and must meet eligibility requirements to work in the