Salary $80,000 - $95,000 + Excellent Benefits & Relocation Package to the Midwest
As the Mechanical Project Engineer, you will play a pivotal leadership role in planning, design, cost estimating, budgeting, scheduling, and supervision of projects assigned by the Engineering Manager. This position is in a large mill and belongs in the group of engineers that covers the entire mill. You’ll need to be an excellent communicator as you’ll be working with vendors & suppliers.
● Provide project management including the development, planning and execution of capital and expense projects
● Support equipment installation & modification, provide mechanical engineering leadership to resolve problems, troubleshoot, and optimize the processes
● Support the definition, implementation, optimization, and maintenance of a documentation system for mechanical drawings and other manufacturing systems.
● Develop and conduct training programs with operation, maintenance, and engineering personnel to increase process knowledge, troubleshooting capability, and understanding of mechanical and manufacturing control systems
● Identify and solve bottlenecks within the process as related to manufacturing
● Review equipment and processes to identify required spare parts and coordinate ordering with maintenance/stores to minimize downtime
● Perform failure analysis of mechanical equipment and machines to implement reliability improvement actions items
● Effectively track and manage project costs within established budgets
● Develop and effectively communicate project status reports as needed.
● Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
● At least 5 years’ experience as a mechanical engineer in project management in technical and industrial plant. Paper manufacturing is preferred, tissue is most preferred
● Experience in troubleshooting mechanical drive systems, general machine design, engineering calculations, converting packaging equipment and manufacturing support equipment
● Computer software skills including AutoCAD, MS Office & PowerPoint, SAP
● Ability to work independently and to execute programs in a cross functional environment
● Working knowledge of preventative maintenance and reliability improvement programs.
● Excellent communication skills including both verbal and written.
● Ability to effectively lead work teams as well as work as a team member
● Core Competencies should include safety work habits, quality orientation, creative & innovative thinking, problem solving, research & analysis, operating equipment, ethics & integrity, coaching & mentoring, teamwork, time management, development & continual learning, accountability & dependability, decision making & judgement, providing consultation, planning & organizing, and communication.
TO APPLY: Email your resume [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Mechanical Project Engineer – Paper Machine MillOR cindyATaustinallenDOTcom
in MS Word or PDF ( please remove the capital letters and replace with proper symbols ) . * All Interview, relocation, & fee expenses paid by hiring companies. Hiring companies offer excellent compensation packages, benefits, and generous relocation assistance or packages.
Areas of Specialization...
* Engineering * Six Sigma Black Belts * Accounting * Distribution * Human Resources
* Materials / Purchasing * Quality Engineers & Managers * Manufacturing Management